Adding wayland-1 for unmirrored single mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding wayland-1 for unmirrored single mode

tony-atlismv
Contributor III

I am using an iMX8QM MEK with BSP version L5.10.9, using LVDS0 (LDB1_PHY) with channel 0 for one sized panel, and LVDS1 (LDB2_PHY) with channel 0 for a different sized panel. The panels are connected via HDMI through LVDS-HDMI converters. Currently, the L5.10.9 BSP imx-image-full defaults to a mirrored single mode where both panels show the same image and with the same Wayland display, wayland-0. I would like to have the two panels in an unmirrored single mode, with LVDS0 (LDB1_PHY) with channel 0 referenced to wayland-0 and LVDS1 (LDB2_PHY) with channel 0 reference to wayland-1. I would like this configuration so that I can execute two different applications on the two different panels.

So, what is necessary to create the second display Wayland reference, i.e., wayland-1? I am running root, so I would expect both Wayland display references to be under the directory “/run/user/0/”? Do I need to modify and load a custom dtb file for this configuration? Or is there something in the kernel that requires modification for this using the Wayland libraries? Note that I did try several of the dtb files included in the BSP with reference to the display_guide_imx8qmmek document but could not unmirror the panels.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@tony-atlismv 

You need add two [output] nodes in etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini

0 Kudos

tony-atlismv
Contributor III

I tried adding the following in weston.ini for my panels:

[output]

name=HDMI-A-1

mode=1980x1020@60

[output]

name=HDMI-A-2

mode=1920x720@60

These did not work. I still have only a wayland-0 and no wayland-1. Unless these are the wrong output parameters int the weston.ini file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tony-atlismv 

You can't run two weston desktop shell in same time .

The only way to realize your idea is that you can spefic the position of your application in extend mode(default is extended mode, you can drag and drop app in two screens).

0 Kudos