cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding New NAND Device Support to MFG Tool -

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to flash the Micron "MT29F32G08CBACAWP" NAND flash on our Custom Board with the use of MFG Tool.

On the console I am getting an error message saying that "No NAND Devices Found".

Looks like the MFG Tool doesn't support Micron NAND Flash. How can I add the support for the same???

Regards,

Gopi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What i.MX device are you using?

MFG tool loads a special version of u-boot and Linux kernel, with a small file system, down to target RAM when it does the programming (or any other) operation. This updater firmware might need to be modified to support the NAND device in question. You can build updater firmware from LTIB (install it separately from existing LTIB installation you're using).

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hello,

Sorry for my delayed response.

I am using i.MX233 Processor.

I understand that mfg Tool is using a light weight OS put on the board to download the OS images.

I have added the new NAND Device details to the NAND Flash driver in Ltib. How can I create the updater firmware after this modification?

I have chosen the Ltib profile to be Mfg tool Firmware. But still i want to know there the updater firmware will be created and how it needs to be created?

I am not understanding, why there is not a single formal documentation on this,

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

Dear Gopi,

have you done this task ? have you added your micron nand flash to imx23 board?

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hi Guru,

I have received the procedure for this from FSL support team and i was able to generate the updater.sb file with the Micron NAND Flash added to the library.

This is the procedure -

1. $./ltib -m prep -p uuc

2. apply the patch.

3. $./ltib -m scbuild -p uuc

4. $./ltib -m scinstall -p uuc

5. $./ltib -m scdeploy -p uuc

6. $./ltib -m patchmerge -p uuc

7. build updater.sb and imx233_linux.sb

8. copy above two files to MFT directory & flash use MFT for flashing

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos

gurumoorthirasi
Contributor IV

hi Gopi,

Please share that patches which you get from FSL for Micron "MT29F32G08CBACAWP".

Regards,

Guru

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

I didn't get any patches for this from FSL. You have to create the nand table by yourselves for the specific NAND flash.

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Install LTIB to a separate folder and apply your patches. During first run of LTIB, choose "Manufacturing firmware" profile (or similar name) instead of default "Min profile" for the type of system you're building. This will enable certain settings that will, when you make a build, produce final updater firmware binary.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is needed to build the MFG firmware, using the mfg firmware  profile in LTIB
This firmware is used just to deploy images.  Under this profile special Linux version is built;
it is intended to be loaded by the MFG tool to SDRAM of a target system and interface with
the MFG in order
to get target images and write them to SD or NAND during target system

deployment.

So, to support new NAND it is required to provide proper driver (for target Linux).

Please apply to Linux documentation for more details.

0 Kudos