cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add i.MX8 Mini MIPI driver in uboot

Only_聆听
Contributor III

Dear NXP Engineer

We are currently using I-MX8 Mini for touch screen product design, but we found that after the product is powered on, it takes 7-8S to see the animation of three penguins. Such a boot time is a disaster on touch screen products.

We checked the reason, because there is no MIPI driver in the Uboot stage. When the three penguins are displayed, it has entered the Kernel. We tried to transplant it in the uboot stage, but the problem could not be solved. Can you provide a process description or reference for the porting and modification of this driver?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Only_聆听 

We support MIPI driver in uboot, the current video link is MIPI->ADV7535/RM67191. You need port the panel driver(likedrivers/video/raydium-rm67191.c) and change video link in uboot dts.

Regards

Zhiming

0 Kudos

Only_聆听
Contributor III

Dear Qmiller:

I have modified drivers/video/raydium-rm67191.c to change the screen parameters I am currently using, and I have modified DTS, but after I compile, the Uboot stage still does not show up, is there a problem with my DTS configuration? Can you provide a detailed operation process that describes those locations xu

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos