Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About opencv performance low in iMX8qxp

yibhan
Contributor III

cpu: imx8qxp
kernel ver: linux 5.4.70
opencv library : involved

I am implementing the camera image processing function with opencv. For details, it converts the image to a specific location. To implement such a function, use the opencv warpaffine function, and use g2d_buffer to We are passing the camera image to opencv cv::Mat . By the way, only in the opencv warpaffine function, it takes about 300ms of time. I use g2d_buffer to avoid memory copy, but it may be because the usage is not correct, It seems that there may be other causes. Below is the code. /* memory alloc g2d_buffer */ buf->g2d = g2d_alloc(1920*1080*2, 0); imgstb->image_buffer[index].vaddr = buf->g2d->buf_vaddr; imgstb->cvMat.frame.data = (uchar *)((unsigned long)imgstb->image_buffer[INDEX].vaddr); imgstb->cvMat.rot = cv::getRotationMatrix2D(cv::Point(imgstb->cvMat.frame.cols/2, imgstb->cvMat.frame.rows/2), -15/*-delt_r*/, 1 ); cv::warpAffine(imgstb->cvMat.frame, imgstb->cvMat.frame, imgstb->cvMat.rot, imgstb->cvMat.frame.size()); Questions : Is there a way to check if the actual g2d_buffer is working properly? : Is there any way to increase the processing speed of opencv function in imx8qxp? : I know that opencv runs on the cpu by default for nxp cpu. To make this happen on the gpu What should I do?

Thank you for reading

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello yibhan,

You should try the latest BSP 5.15, is give you better perfomance in Opencv and in GPU in general, per you error it looks like you have not activated the GPU, while the GPU is enable by default.

Regards

0 Kudos

yibhan
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for answering, 

I have other questions:

1. When using g2d api, is there any way to check if it is working correctly?

2. As the opencv api is used, the overall peformance is low. Is there any other way to improve this other than upgrading to bsp 5.15?

0 Kudos