cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About imx8mp clock documentation

Jump to solution
Chun1
Contributor II
When I write the clock of imx8mp, I found that there is no IPG_AUDIO_CLK_ROOT register in the document, but I can see that its register is 0x9180 in the Linux code. In addition, the same case for USB_CORE_CLK_REF(0xb100) and CLK_USB_PHY_REF(0xb180). The document I use is iMX_8M_Plus_RM_RevD.pdf, Is the document missing or is there any updated document? thank you.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes you can refer to the source code if you couldn't find them in the reference manual

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

is this the same questions as your another two clock case? we don't have special clock document for imx8mp, what linux code do you mean? clk-i.mx8mp.c? I didn't find IPG_AUDIO_CLK_ROOT as you mentions, give me the detailed linxu code

0 Kudos
Chun1
Contributor II

It's not the same. This is imx8mp clock, not HDMI. the same branch with the two clock case, but the c file is the "drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mp.c", below is the code snippet of the IMX8MP_CLK_IPG_AUDIO_ROOT.

/* IPG */
    clks[IMX8MP_CLK_IPG_ROOT] = imx_clk_divider2("ipg_root", "ahb_root", base + 0x9080, 0, 1);
    clks[IMX8MP_CLK_IPG_AUDIO_ROOT] = imx_clk_divider2("ipg_audio_root", "audio_ahb", base + 0x9180, 0, 1);

the offset 0x9180 can't be found in datasheet,

Chun1_1-1617192439271.png

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

AUDIO_AHB_CLK_ROOT belongs to AHB clock, you can find:

/* AHB */
	clks[IMX8MP_CLK_AHB] = imx8m_clk_composite_critical("ahb_root", imx8mp_ahb_sels, base + 0x9000);
	clks[IMX8MP_CLK_AUDIO_AHB] = imx8m_clk_composite("audio_ahb", imx8mp_audio_ahb_sels, base + 0x9100);
	clks[IMX8MP_CLK_MIPI_DSI_ESC_RX] = imx8m_clk_composite("mipi_dsi_esc_rx", imx8mp_mipi_dsi_esc_rx_sels, base + 0x9200);
	clks[IMX8MP_CLK_MEDIA_DISP2_PIX] = imx8m_clk_composite("media_disp2_pix", imx8mp_media_disp2_pix_sels, base + 0x9300);

it seems the table in the RM missed the another audio IPG clock, you can just refer to the source code, maybe the document team will add this in the official released version

0 Kudos
Chun1
Contributor II

This clock(AUDIO_AHB_CLK_ROOT ) is not the only one lost in RM, such as HDMI_REF_24M_CLK_ROOT and so on.

So these missing nodes, I can also directly refer to the source code, right?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes you can refer to the source code if you couldn't find them in the reference manual

0 Kudos
Chun1
Contributor II

OK, thank you.

0 Kudos