About On-The-Go Status & control (USB_nOTGSC) in i.MX6DQ.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About On-The-Go Status & control (USB_nOTGSC) in i.MX6DQ.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello. I have a question about USB_nOTGSC register in i.MX6DQ.

Refer to AVVIS and AVV bits in USB_nOTGSC register.

"AVVIS"

A VBus Valid Interrupt Status - Read/Write to Clear.

This bit is set when VBus has either risen above or fallen below the VBus valid threshold on an A device.

Software must write a one to clear this bit.

"AVV"

A VBus Valid - Read Only.

Indicates VBus is above the A VBus valid threshold.

[Question]

I want to know the condition of set these bits.

Could you tell me about "valid threshold"?

Best Regards,
Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The A-device VBUS Valid threshold level is defined by the USB OTG 1.0 specification as 4.4V, i.e. the VBUS voltage value above this threshold level is treated as Valid, otherwise - as Invalid.

The AVV bit indicates whether the VBUS voltage level is above (AVV=1) or below (AVV=0) this threshold level.

The AVVIS interrupt status bit indicates whether the VBUS voltage has crossed the threshold level, either rising (from lower to higher value) or falling (from higher to lower value).

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The A-device VBUS Valid threshold level is defined by the USB OTG 1.0 specification as 4.4V, i.e. the VBUS voltage value above this threshold level is treated as Valid, otherwise - as Invalid.

The AVV bit indicates whether the VBUS voltage level is above (AVV=1) or below (AVV=0) this threshold level.

The AVVIS interrupt status bit indicates whether the VBUS voltage has crossed the threshold level, either rising (from lower to higher value) or falling (from higher to lower value).

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos