Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.15 BSP image errors

Jump to solution
saksham98123
Contributor I

Board: imx8mp-ddr4-evk

I am trying to build a 5.15 BSP image using the steps provided in the document: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

I was able to successfully build a minimal image however when I tried to do the same for the full image I get the following error: 

| -------------
| Building [======================> ] 224/243: rustc_infer, rustc_metada...
| Building [======================> ] 225/243: rustc_metadata, rustc_res...
| Building [======================> ] 226/243: rustc_metadata, rustc_res...
| Building [======================> ] 227/243: rustc_metadata, rustc_res...
| Building [======================> ] 228/243: rustc_resolve, rustc_cons...
| Building [======================> ] 229/243: rustc_const_eval, rustc_t...
| Building [======================> ] 230/243: rustc_const_eval, rustc_q...
| Building [======================> ] 231/243: rustc_query_impl, rustc_t...
| Building [======================> ] 232/243: rustc_query_impl
| error: build failed
| command did not execute successfully: "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rust-snapshot/bin/cargo" "build" "--target" "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" "-Zbinary-dep-depinfo" "-j" "12" "-v" "--release" "--frozen" "--features" " llvm max_level_info" "--manifest-path" "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/compiler/rustc/Cargo.toml" "--message-format" "json-render-diagnostics"
| expected success, got: exit status: 101
| Traceback (most recent call last):
| File "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/src/bootstrap/bootstrap.py", line 1330, in <module>
| main()
| File "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/src/bootstrap/bootstrap.py", line 1313, in main
| bootstrap(help_triggered)
| File "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/src/bootstrap/bootstrap.py", line 1299, in bootstrap
| run(args, env=env, verbose=build.verbose, is_bootstrap=True)
| File "/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/src/bootstrap/bootstrap.py", line 182, in run
| raise RuntimeError(err)
| RuntimeError: failed to run: /home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/imx_full/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/rust-native/1.59.0-r0/rustc-1.59.0-src/build/bootstrap/debug/bootstrap -j 12 build --stage 2 --verbose
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/rust/rust_1.59.0.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4285 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed.

Summary: 2 tasks failed:
/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-imx/meta-sdk/dynamic-layers/openembedded-layer/recipes-support/fmt/fmt_8.1.1.bb:do_compile
virtual:native:/home/au-zone-maivin/Saksham/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/rust/rust_1.59.0.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages, returning a non-zero exit code.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @saksham98123 

I've performed the same buildings as you did. all runs successfully.  

The ways for your reference as following:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mp-ddr4-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b core-image-minimal

bitbake core-image-minimal

change directory from previous build back to yocto directory

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mp-ddr4-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-imx-full

bitbake imx-image-full

Here some recommendations might be helpful for you.

> try to clean these packages with error. such as rust, fmt, and bootstrap. and then separately re-fetch and re-compile them. 

> The whole build processes rely on your host setup and network environment,  based on these error message, some tasks execution for some packages failed. You can try to set network flag in .bb recipe for these failed packages.

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @saksham98123 

I've performed the same buildings as you did. all runs successfully.  

The ways for your reference as following:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mp-ddr4-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b core-image-minimal

bitbake core-image-minimal

change directory from previous build back to yocto directory

DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mp-ddr4-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-imx-full

bitbake imx-image-full

Here some recommendations might be helpful for you.

> try to clean these packages with error. such as rust, fmt, and bootstrap. and then separately re-fetch and re-compile them. 

> The whole build processes rely on your host setup and network environment,  based on these error message, some tasks execution for some packages failed. You can try to set network flag in .bb recipe for these failed packages.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos