12_09_01_oneiric.tgz has error with vivante_drm.so

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12_09_01_oneiric.tgz has error with vivante_drm.so

deadhp1
Contributor I

I've been going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't get opengl es to run in hardware mode.

Finally I checked the log at /var/logs/Xorg.0.log and it shows the vivante_drm.so can't be found.

I also checked to logs in the actualy 12_09_01_oneiric.tgz and it shows the same thing.  So it's nothing I've done wrong.  It's not properly setup to begin with.

This is the error from the /var/log/Xorg.0.log inside the actual 12_09_01_oneiric.tgz that is available here.

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/swrast_dri.so

AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast

GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

As you can see it reverts to the software mode.

I've tried copying the vivante_dri.so into the listed directories, but I end up with this in my Xorg.0.log:

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnuabi/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: vivante exports no extensions (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnuabi/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)

Any help on this issue would be great as it seems to be a big oversight in the Ubuntu Root FS released by Freescale.

8 Replies

andre_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please, follow the instructions described in the file attached.

regards,

Andre

kevincheng
Contributor III

Hi ALL,

We have the same problem.

We install the follow package to ubuntu system (11.10) ,and restart the system .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv_1.1.0-1_armel.deb

gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_1.1.0-1_armel.deb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Xorg.0.conf , display the follow message.

[    57.594] (II) AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so

[    57.651] (II) AIGLX: vivante exports no extensions (/usr/lib/dri/vivante_drii

.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)

[    57.651] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

[    57.652] (II) AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/swrastt

_dri.so

[    57.792] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast

[    57.792] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

The Xorg result is fallback to software rendering.

Anyone have the way to solve this problem ?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos

fengwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although there's some error info for AIGLX, it could be ignored. AIGLX is for glx non-DRI implementation.

To make it more clear, I will give some more details.

1. xorg (server side) has a lot of modules, including DRI, AIGLX, EXA...

2. In GLX cases (libGL.so), there's two approaches to render the picture, DRI and non-DRI.

libGL.so will first check x server if it supports DRI, then try to load DRI library (in this case vivante_dri.so).

If that steps succeed, DRI paths are enabled, client app then renders the picture directly, and AIGLX will never be used.

Or any one of the steps fail, it will go non-DRI path, that's to say, libGL.so then calls AIGLX modules to render the picture.

3. vivante EGL library would never make use of AIGLX, nor vivante_dri.so. If It's DRI or not is decided by libGAL.so implementation.

Then you could know xorg driver (which could make xorg DRI available) and client GL/EGL implemenations decides DRI or not, while not AIGLX.

0 Kudos

lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

12.09.01 release note doesn't mention DRI feature is supported.

From the following page, i.MX 6 Q/D L3.0.35_1.1.0 GA release includes DRI.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/303342

§  Upgrade GPU to 4.6.9-p9 version, including X Driver enhancement (OpenGLES2.0/1.1, OpenGL, DRI).

Actually i saw some libraries about DRI and configurations into xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv_1.1.0-1_armel.deb and gpu-viv-bin-mx6q_1.1.0-1_armel.deb. Are you installing this debian package?

You can download debian packages from https://freescale.https.internapcdn.net/secure_freescale/ssl/secured/bsps/L3.0.35_1.1.0_121218_image...

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

deadhp1
Contributor I

I'll try out the new ubuntu-fs in a bit, but I can see by looking in the /var/logs/Xorg.0.log that vivante_dri.so still isn't loaded in the new ubuntu-fs I just downloaded.

I'll report back after I actually do another real world test on it,  but the results will probably be the same.

0 Kudos

Philip_FSL
Contributor IV

Could you post your xorg.conf file?

0 Kudos

grzegorzprajsne
Contributor II

I have a similiar problem - the supplied DRI driver does not seem to load properly. It prints following error:

AIGLX: vivante exports no extensions (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnuabi/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)

It is the case on every filesystem I tried so far. Including the Ubuntu 12.09 and Ubuntu linked by you Yuri.

To be perfectly honest the url above links to file, which has 20120801 in name, in tarball there is no vivante_dri.so and kernel provided is based on 3.0.15 instead of 3.0.35 like link would suggest. I assume this is not the newest release?