Qt 5.3.0 release on i.MX6 using fsl-community-bsp and meta-qt5

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

These are my notes for compiling Qt 5.3.0 release using the fsl-community-bsp and the meta-qt5 layer graciously provided by the much lauded Otavio and Martin Jansa.  My test board is the wandboard solo.  My original procedure was based on this document: Compiling Qt5.3.0-beta1 on Yocto which was in turn based on this tutorial: Building Qt5 using yocto on Wandboard - Wandboard Wiki

Steps to build:

repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b daisy; repo sync

cd sources; git clone https://github.com/cetola/meta-qt5.git

**as of this commit:

https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/commit/e9ad98bbed6065989ef4648e724f27275b35b838

the meta-qt5 official repo is now using qt 5.3.  I won't be updating my layer, and I suggesting using theirs.

add to bblayers.conf:

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby \

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt5 \

add to local.conf:

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtmultimedia = " gstreamer010 "

bitbake wandboard-image-qt5

I will do my best to keep this working with the latest in daisy. Current functionality includes playing hardware accellerated video in QML.  However, examples such as multimediawidgets/player,  multimediawidgets/videowidget do not play video. Also qtwebkit/browser, qtwebkit/youtubeview qtwebkit/fanicybrowser do not support HTML5 video.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,

Stephano

コメント

Bob, I am stuck on the same problem "GStreamer; Unable to play - "" / Error: "No URI set"... have you found a solution for that?

Ok, solution found. It is enough to use a "complete path" when referencing the video file from my QRC-embedded QML file; so I have to do something like:

MediaPlayer {

id: mediaPlayer2

source: "file:///home/user/bigbuck1080.mov"

autoPlay: true

}

instead of:

MediaPlayer {

id: mediaPlayer2

source: "/home/user/bigbuck1080.mov"

autoPlay: true

}

I've built an image (for the BoundaryDevices Nitrogen6x board). Verified that Qt5 works, set up the toolchain on a Ubuntu host with cross compile and can deploy my Qt5 applications via ssh. However I need to use the map component in the qtlocation package with the geoservices plugins (I use both nokia and osm) for geocoding and routing. However it seems that these plugins are not built by the Yocto meta-qt5 recepie - there is no /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/geoservices folder in the output image. I'm building a core-image-base image with qtlocation, qtlocation-examples, qtlocation-plugins and qtlocation-qmlplugins added to the IMAGE_INSTALL_append from the dizzy branch.

Has anyone successfully built the qtlocation's geoservices plugins?

Qt has resolved the EGL configuration mismatch issue that prevents hardware acceleration working. Most imx6 and yocto builds end up hardcoding the returned configuration ID, but the Qt patch resolving the issue can be grabbed here:

[QTBUG-44290] IMX6 - Failure to match EGLConfig and X Visual buffer depth crashes app - Qt Bug Track...

The bug fix is targeted for Qt 5.5.

Hi!  Stephano,

I just followed your note and try to recreate the image with QT5.3 on fsl-community-bsp with imx6solosabresd based on Yocto 3.14.28.  Unfortunately I obtained the following error and stopped. 

=====

| make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/radiant/fsl-community-bsp/solo/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtmultimedia/5.3.2-r0/temp/log.do_compile.11611)

ERROR: Task 793 (/home/radiant/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtmultimedia_5.3.2.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

=====

Do I have to modify the bb or inc file for qtmultimedia to correct this issue?

Vincent

When i try to build rocko with meta-qt layer I am getting below error,

ERROR: qtbase-5.9.2+gitAUTOINC+ec16ba393b-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: The file /usr/lib/pkgconfig/wayland-egl.pc is installed by both mesa and imx-gpu-viv, aborting
ERROR: qtbase-5.9.2+gitAUTOINC+ec16ba393b-r0 do_prepare_recipe_sysroot: Function failed: extend_recipe_sysroot
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sandeep/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.9.2+gitAUTOINC+ec16ba393b-r0/temp/log.do_prepare_recipe_sysroot.14279
ERROR: Task (/home/sandeep/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot) failed with exit code '1'

add to bblayers.conf:

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby \

${BSPDIR}/sources/meta-qt5 \

add to local.conf:

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtmultimedia = " gstreamer010 "

trying to build toolchain by
bitbake meta-toolchain-qt
due to the above error its not generating sysroot and unable to configure qt, any help?

I'm using yocto project 2.0 which is based on QT 5.5 library.

And now I'm trying to update QT version to 5.8.

How to do it?

Can anyone give me suggestion?

Not at such a high level. We use Qt 5.8/5.11/5.12 with our IMX6 on a frame buffer stack, but getting Qt to properly build was an effort in itself, let alone to modify Yocto. Personally, I would drop Yocto. It is a big effort to get Qt to build properly, another effort to get it to build with the proper HW acceleration, and another to keep multimedia working with Vivante.

評価なし
バージョン履歴
最終更新日:
‎06-05-2014 08:25 AM
更新者: