Q&A: Where to find IBIS Models on the web?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q:

A:
In the first figure (FSL driving 100 ohm), the processor is DC coupled to a transmission line and terminated at the far end with a 100-ohm resistor. The results look pretty normal for this.

In the other figure, the processor is dc coupled to a transmission line, then ac coupled to another transmission line segment (0.1u) with 50-ohm resistors to ground, and then drives the inputs of an HCSL clock buffer. The results are pretty un remarkable. The top red signal in the trace is one of the IMX6 clock outputs, the first green signal is the other clock output, and the last green signal (from top to bottom that is) is the differential signal seen by the clock buffer.

The customer is concerned about the asymmetrical drive of the processor. It looks like LVDS clock outputs do not like to be AC coupled. This simulation resembles the way the clock is handled in the Smart Device schematics where the clock is AC coupled to the reference clock inputs on the PCIE connector. The ibis files were downloaded from the web (21x21_imx6q, consumer variant).

So a few updates: I had the customer download the latest duallite IBIS models. Previously they were apparently using the quad/dual models. They are going to update HyperLynx and are going to run a simulation and let me know if they still see the same issue. He said he's using "linesim".

Meanwhile he noticed a different problem with the duallite/solo IBIS models. Although the datasheet says LVDDR3 (1.35V) is supported, there is no model for DDR3_L either as input or output. The same model existed in the quad/dual models. Do you know why this option is not in the duallite IBIS models? Thanks!

A ctm of mine would like to get the IBIS model with LVDDR3 support on the i.MX6 DL.

For mx6-duallite IBIS models for DDR3L memory (1.35V). It'd be great if the models matched the quad version.

Please find the new updated IBIS file in website.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6DL&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎08-21-2013 08:29 PM
Updated by: