次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Why IMX-MIPI-HDMI can only support up to 720p when use LCDIF on imx8MQ

ソリューションへジャンプ
2,513件の閲覧回数
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

In "i.MX8MQ EVK Display Selection Guide", it says when use IMX-MIPI-HDMI through LCDIF, it can only support up to 1280x720 60HZ

However, from the datasheet, LCDIF, MIPI and also the adv7535 on IMX-MIPI-HDMI all support 1920x1080 60HZ

So, I wonder the limitiation to 720p is cause by Linux driver or other factors? or some other factor in hardware?

Thanks.

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
2,494件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow?

yes

Best regards
igor

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)
2,509件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xiaowei

limitation is internal bandwidth (hardware), so in general one can use more resolution

but underruns may occur, depending on use case.

Best regards
igor

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,499件の閲覧回数
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

Hi, igor

Thanks your quick response.

You mentioned the limitation is internal hardware bandwidth.

As is known, DCSS->MIPI->IMX-MIPI-HDMI can support 1920x1080 60HZ, but LCDIF->MIPI->IMX-MIPI-HDMI cannot suppot well. Does it means that the limitiation is in LCDIF's bandwidth?

If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow? e.g. reduce the pixel clock frequency to 1080p 50HZ or lower? or do have other workaround to run 1080p?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Xiaowei

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
2,495件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>If the limition is the bandwidth, can I use a lower refresh frequency to avoid underflow?

yes

Best regards
igor

0 件の賞賛
返信
810件の閲覧回数
Few
Contributor I

Hi @igorpadykov 

I am currently having problems getting a MIPI-LVDS bridge to work on the i.MX8MM with kernel 5.10.

Is this a limitation of the i.MX or only in combination with the MIPI HDMI bridge?

Thanks!

0 件の賞賛
返信
2,472件の閲覧回数
xiaowei_zeng
Contributor III

Thanks igor.

When I set pixel clock to not higher than 120MHz , about 48Hz, the output works well.

BR

Xiaowei

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信