cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 EVB Red led 계속 on 상태입니다.

Mryang
Contributor II

안녕하세요.

S32k144 EVB에 CADS 플래싱을 한 후 Red led가 계속 on 상태로 되어있습니다.

Red led 이후 S32 design studio 플래싱 안되고 무한 Reset이 걸리는 것 같습니다.

답변 부탁드립니다.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies

seokhyeonwang
Contributor II

i also same problem. please help me(같은 문제를 겪고 있는데 해결 되었다면 문의 드려도 될까요?)

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

Since the last post, the issue has not yet been resolved.
The RED LED is still on, and I tried using the P&E Recovery Utility, but recovery was not possible.

(마지막 포스트 이후 아직 해결을 하지 못한 상황에 있습니다.

여전히 RED LED가 On상태에 있으며, P&E Recovery Uitility를 사용해봤지만 복구가 안되었습니다.)

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I saw from your previous question (S32K144 EVB Red LED continuously ON) that you tried flashing Ranger4 CADS (.bin/.elf) on s32k144 evb using mouse drag and drop. Sorry, I don't know the content of this .bin, so I'm not sure if it is caused by this. Please use an oscilloscope to measure the frequency and high pulse width of the Reset signal (J3.5 RST_TGTMCU_B), which may be able to determine the current state of the S32K144. If you have a J-Link, please refer to the discussion in (Unbricking S32K146) to check the values ​​of the MDM-AP status register and control register.
Do you have other S32K144EVB that can debug SDK project normally?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please refer to the discussion in S32K144 D2 RED LED is ON always

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

Thank you for referring to the link, but the problem is not resolved even if you follow the link.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you using an external 12v power supply or USB cable?
Doesn't P&E Recovery Utility halt MCU?

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

I am using USB as shown in the image attached to the text, and I tried using P&E Recovery Utility, but it did not work. Success was not achieved in Utilty.

I know that if I repeatedly turn the board on/off after starting in Utilty, I get success, but I don't get success.

I tried turning the board on and off for 2 hours, but it didn't work. Do I need to do it longer?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No. Usually a few minutes will do. It is recommended to refer to the discussion in https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/How-to-S32K144EVB-build-flash/td-p/1738569

Does your computer recognize the board as BOOTLOADER or S32K144EVB drive?(Tell me the APPVER and BOOTVER of your board.)

How did you power cycling MCU? J7 or J107?

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

Thanks for the link.

Please refer to the link.

MCU power is on/off through J7.

By default, it is recognized as S32K144 EVB, and it is recognized when you switch to BOOTLOADER mode.

APP version: 1.19
BOOTLOADERver: 11.3

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Then OpenSDA is ok. 

As mentioned in S32K144 D2 RED LED is ON always:

Plug J7 to enable the OpenSDA always connected. External power J16 can be used to power cycling MCU(connect Pin1-2 of J107). If you don't use external power, then Pin2-3 J107 can be used power cycling MCU.
After halt the MCU, you should be able to debug it with S32DS.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

I tried debugging with J107 Pin2-3 and S32DS, but it does not work as shown in the attached image.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

Sorry, something else came up so I couldn't reply.

The situation has not yet been resolved and attempts are being made to resolve it.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

Please check if my understanding is correct.

When using the P&E recovery utility, do I have to follow the conditions below?

1. Connected to J7
2. Multilink connected state
3. Not using external power (J16 not used)
4. Power on/off is controlled by J107
5. Print “Success Process halted” in P&E recovery utility and check debugging with S32DS

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

P&E recovery utility need to use PEMicro Multilink or onboard OpenSDA. So the first and second steps are just to make your computer correctly recognize PEMicro's debugger, such as onboard OpenSDA (you should see S32K144EVB drive). Click Show Hardware, and then select OpenSDAUSB on P&E Recovery Utility. Click START on the P&E Recovery Utility before power cycling S32K144.

If you don't have an external 12v power supply, power to OpenSDA is maintained by J7. At this time, in order to power on/off S32K144, consider unplugging and plugging in the jumper of J107.  Power on/off a dozen or twenty times will print "Success Process halted". At this time D1 lights up red. After closing the P&E Recovery Utility, click debug on the S32DS and you should be able to download the program.

If it still doesn't work, it is recommended to use external 12v and try again. Keep connected Pin1-2 of J107, S32K144 is powered by external 12v. Power on/off is controlled by J16.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

I plugged it into an external power source of 12V (J16) and used the P&E Recovery Utility.

erasefail is displayed.

The board connection was done as shown in the attached image.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you read the discussion here(https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/How-to-S32K144EVB-build-flash/td-p/1738569), you'll see that you're also connecting the external debugger to the wrong header.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

I tried connecting it to J14 following the link, but the same erase fail message appears.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, I thought you were using onboard OpenSDA. If you get this error when using PEMicro Multilink: Flash Erase Failed. Result = $8882 Firmware update failed. Retry?
Then you should update Multilink. Please download USB Multilink Resources Install and install it, then try to update the firmware using this Firmware Update and Architecture Selection Utility.

0 Kudos

Mryang
Contributor II

After following the link and proceeding with the installation, I tried Multilink, but the same erase fail message came up.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This looks to be an issue with PEMicro Multilink FX. For details, please see PEmicro FAQ ID 240 provided by PEMicro: When using the multilink with your software tools, I get an error $8882 when it attempts to firmware update every time. This setup used to work with older multilink but not with the new multilink. What is going on?

I don't know if this error $8882 can be quickly solved by referring to PEMicro's FAQ. How about using the onboard OpenSDA + Kinetis_Recovery_Utility?

0 Kudos