cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kw41z ble notify conflicts with lpuart

mangramarco
Contributor III

hi,

i have a kw41z that receive some data by lpuart and write a ble characteristic with this data. It works correctly however when the android client enable the notify for the cccd of this characteristic lpuart works bad. If i disable the notify, the lpuart resumes working good again.

of what can this problem born?

thank you
Marco

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mangramarco
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your reason.

my firmware not implement serial manager functions however with notification disabled, lpuart and ble stack works well togheter.

moreover, when notifications are enabled the ble stack is not interrupted but lpuart works bad.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @mangramarco,

To ensure the best functionality, and avoid possible scheduling issues, we encourage customers to make use of the Serial Manager framework, as it works along with the RTOS to ensure that both the BLE connection and the Serial Communication both work and are scheduled correspondingly.

Best regards,

Sebastián

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please confirm if the LPUART peripheral on your application was implementing using the Serial Manager Functions from the NXP Connectivity Framework?

This framework ensures full compatibility for the internal Serial Communication peripherals like UART, I2C or SPI, with the NXP Bluetooth Stack. The framework is designed to correctly assign tasks, semaphores, and the appropriate scheduling so that the Bluetooth Stack tasks are not interrupted.

A reference document can be found here, explaining how to enable and use a new interface using the Serial Manager framework.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastián

0 Kudos