charge coil transmitter compatability

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge coil transmitter compatability

Pete_H
Contributor I

In case this isn't exactly the correct place to post this question, I apologize in advance. In case it is, I got lucky. I know there's a whole lot of knowledge that I SHOULD have in order to do what I'm trying to do, and in time, I'm sure I'll acquire it. For now, I just need to put together something that works. Here's the deal. I bought an Ottlite desk lamp with a woefully inadequate wireless charger transmitter coil in the lamp base. It wouldn't even make it through a brand new Otterbox Mag case to charge a brand new IPhone 15 Pro Max phone. My goal is to replace the weak factory transmitter coil with one that will do a decent job of charging my phone in its case. I also wish to keep the circuitry modifacations to a minimum. Ideally, a solder and play coil would be optimal. I'll need to buy the proper coil and get it working ASAP. Any and all suggestions and comments are MORE than welcomed. Thanks  -Pete-

0 Kudos
2 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pete_H,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

Have you considered the MWCT2xx3A device from our Wireless Power Portfolio?

The series of MWCT22C3A/MWCT20C3A/MWCT2013A provide complete controller functionality to implement a wireless charging transmitter in an automotive environment.

In this case, I do recommend the following evaluation board as a reference for your design:

WCT-15WAUTO13

diazmarin09_0-1711739241304.png

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Pete_H
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply, David. Since I'm upgrading the coil transmtiier in a desk lamp base, I'm really limited on the shape and configuration. It pretty much has to be a 2" +/- ferrite coil magnet. I'll try and send you some pictures. Have a wonderful Easter with your family! God bless!desklamp circuit board1.jpgLampcharge1.jpg

0 Kudos