cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ble dsm issue

darkblue
Contributor I

Hi Tech Support

The project is frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_ancs_c_freertos . When I make board enter vlpr mode, I can still scanning the ble advertising and the currency is 2.5mA. But when I connect to the ble the currency just rise up to 5mA. Is there any way to make the currency maintain 2.5mA even connected?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @darkblue,

Could you please provide more details about your project/development and its purpose?

What SDK version are you using? What is the procedure you are following to try to enter VLPR mode?

What method/equipment are you using to measure the current of your device?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

darkblue
Contributor I

@EduardoZamora I can enter vlls1 mode and waked up by lptmr now. The current was 100uA. But when I enable 

cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and make the sleep mode as 8 (MCU in VLLS2/3 mode. BLE_LL in DSM) then the mcu can't enter into vlls1 mode. the current was about 2.5mA, Ble didn't work either.  I just used fsl_smc module to control vlls1 mode and pwr module to control ble.  But I find that the pwr module can cover both ble and mcu, It just doesn't meet our demands. The current is too high, almost 5mA when I choose sleep mode 8. 
And I also checked kw36 hrs project, the current is as same as our project, about 5mA. Please see to this and do me a favour, Thanks!
0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since dynamic current is implied, a more complex current analyzer is required. I will recommend you taking a look at the KW36 Power Consumption Analysis. This App Note provides a guide to set up the hardware and software to measure the current consumption using the FRDM-KW36, as well as some expected results in addition to a partial BLE scenario, showing current consumption of the KW36 SoC during different operational phases.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos