ZigBee Matyas-Meyer-Oseas Hash function open-source implementation. Where can I find it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee Matyas-Meyer-Oseas Hash function open-source implementation. Where can I find it?

clemwo
Contributor I

Hi community!

For a research project Im taking a deeper look at ZigBee and now I want to understand the Link Keys that get generated using QR-Codes. In the Zigbee Specification it says that the Install Code gets hashed with the Matyas-Meyer-Oseas Hash Function in order to generate the link key that gets used to encrypt the active network key during the commissioning process of a new device that enters the network.

Now I havent found any free open source implementations of the MMO Hash function. Does anyone here have an idea which program to use? 

My install code is the following: 6AB6973274EE6F720200530162754044C930 (I dont mind sharing it on the internet) and I would love to know what link key this results in.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @clemwo,

I hope you are doing great.

Please look at Chapter 10.1 Install codes in the Base Device Behavior Specification.

You will find the Install code process the hashing information and the security process.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos