cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using fsd802_15_4 with KW24D512 in Wireshark

arnekummerow
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using several KW24D512 USB sticks in order to sniff mutliple 802.15.4 channels with Wireshark. For that I'm using the Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to display the radio channel in Wireshark and therefore I'm not able to distinguish which packet came from which dongle.

I've seen that the Analyzer Adapter copies a plugin called 'fsd802_15_4' to Wiresharks plugin folder during installation. This seems to be a dissector for radio related information such as the channel or the RSSI.

In Wireshark I can add a column with the field name 'fsd802_15_4.channel' (the background of the field name box becomes green, so Wireshark seems to load the plugin properly, see picture 1) but the column is empty for every packet.

When using the NXP Test Tool Protocol Analyzer I can see in the 'Frame Decode' section that the 802.15.4 MAC frame is encapsulated into an 'Analyzer Frame' which contains the information dissected by 'fsd802_15_4' (see picture 2).

Unfortunately this isn't the case when using Wireshark (see picture 3).

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Arne

4 Replies

paul50485
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there a solution to this issue? I have the same problem

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos

arnekummerow
Contributor I

Hi Paul,

At least Estephania and I have not found a solution.

I am using the CC2531 with ZBOSS now which does the job.

Cheers,

Arne

luiszavargo
Contributor II

Hello

I have faced the same issue and I have not been able to decode properly either. However, based on your question, I have found NXP Test Tool, and found that it provides enough functionalities for our purposes. It would be great to use wireshark and, if any solution is found, it would be great to know it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the thread.

Best regards
Luis

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I answered you in the internal case. 

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos