Using ZTC Black Box Application, ZTC-Ping.Request failed (error reports gZtcUnknownOpcode_c)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ZTC Black Box Application, ZTC-Ping.Request failed (error reports gZtcUnknownOpcode_c)

Jump to solution
freshmango90
Contributor III

I only have one Zigbee device which is connected to Freescale Test Tool 12 and I'm able to send commands and receive them via Command Console in the Test Tool.

However, when I want to send "ZTC-Ping.Request" as below:

TX: ZTC-Ping.Request 02 A3 38 02 01 79 E1
Sync       [1 byte]    = 02
OpGroup    [1 byte]    = A3
OpCode     [1 byte]    = 38
Length     [1 byte]    = 02
EchoLength [1 byte]    = 01
EchoData   [1 byte]    = [79]
CRC        [1 byte]    = E1

Here's my response:

RX: ZTC-Error.event 02 A4 FE 01 FD A6
Sync    [1 byte]    = 02
OpGroup [1 byte]    = A4
OpCode  [1 byte]    = FE
Length  [1 byte]    = 01
Status  [1 byte]    = FD (gZtcUnknownOpcode_c)
CRC     [1 byte]    = A6

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexandruandree
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most likely the feature is not enabled. Please make sure that gUseHwValidation_c from ZtcPrivate.h is set to TRUE.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
alexandruandree
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most likely the feature is not enabled. Please make sure that gUseHwValidation_c from ZtcPrivate.h is set to TRUE.

freshmango90
Contributor III

Hi Alexandru, Being a beginner, how would I know that I have to set that to true, and which file it's in? I've been learning about Zigbee and how it works, but it does not go into detail with codes and whatnot, so having said that, is there documents or tutorials that I may have missed? thanks in advance.

Edit: forgot to confirm that your answer is correct. I got the desired reply.

0 Kudos
alexandruandree
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm glad it works. Now, the ZTC-Ping is a command used to test the ZTC communication between the Host and the BlackBox (in your case the serial communication between the PC TestTool 12 and the board) and is not ZigBee related. Being a validation feature is not enabled by default. You can find more documentation on the ZTC protocol in the BeeStack BlackBox ZigBee Test Client Reference Manual (BSBBZTCRM).