cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating KW45 flash for Application and Radio firmware

sshrivastava
Contributor II

Hi,

We are working on custom PCB which has KW45. Currently I'm following this Programming the KW45 flash for Application and Radio firmware (AN14003.pdf). We are using SDK SDK_2.x_KW45B41Z83xxxA version 2.12.7.  I'm able to successfully merge and flash application and Radio firmware. I'm using Jlink to flash the combined hex file(Application and NBU). When I have uart connected to PCB, ROM bootloader checks if new Radio firmware available at the mentioned location and updates new Radio firmware. But when UART is not connected, ROM Bootloader never updates new Radio firmware. Could you please help.

KW45 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please clarify in what step of the AN are you having issues?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

sshrivastava
Contributor II

Hi @Ricardo_Zamora ,

Actually we don't have any problem in the steps of AN. I'm able to successfully generate combined hex file and also flashed in our PCB. But Rom Bootloader doesn't update Radio firmware which is part of combined Hex file(Application and Radio Firmware). Rom bootloader only updates, if I connect UART to our PCB. Is there any configuration we need to do? or why it is dependent on UART?

Thanks

Shivam

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shivam,

The ROM bootloader supports automated booting from internal flash and downloading image from serial interface (in-system programming via LPUART, LPI2C, LPSPI, CAN).

For more information about the paths through the ROM bootloader, please refer to section 15 of the KW45 Reference Manual.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos