cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-KW24D512 Not Detected

ketchmarkc
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to use the USB-KW24D512 as a ZigBee sniffer. I'm using a purchased dongle that has not been modified or flashed with any new firmware.

I've installed Test Tool 12.9.2.2 and Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter 2.0.4.1 as listed in the software section for this device. Neither software is able to detect my sniffer. I see the "auto detecting sniffers..." message in the Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter, but it never seems to discover the device. In the Test Tool, I see "COM5" in the "Active Devices" list, but it isn't recognized as a sniffer.

In my device manager, the sniffer is detected as a "Virtual Com Port (COM5)". I tried uninstalling the device driver and manually selecting the driver from C:\NXP\Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter 2.0.4.1\USB-KW Dongle Drivers and the sniffer still appears in the same way. According to the driver details, this is Freescale driver version 1.0.0.0, published on 2/16/2011.

Is there some trick for configuring the sniffer to be detected as a sniffer? Did I miss a step in the configuration?

EDIT: I also just tried the newer Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter 2.0.5.0 with the Connectivity Tools Launcher 1.0.2.0. Kinetis Protocol Analyzer Adapter 2.0.5.0 also reads "auto detecting sniffers..." but never finds my USB sniffer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ketchmarkc
Contributor I

Hi, thank you for the response. I have tried with Protocol Analyzer Adapter 2.0.5.0 and it didn't recognize the USB sniffer. It displays "auto detecting sniffers..." but never finds it.

I have tried Wireshark 4.2.5, but the Protocol Analyzer Adapter never detected the sniffer so I haven't gotten to the point of using Wireshark yet.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I appreciate you send me your Wireshark version, I requested this information because I'm looking forward to replicate your case on the same conditions. I would let you know any news regarding this testing as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Can you please help me with some extra details, which version of Wireshark are you currently using, also can you please also help me by using a latest version of the Protocol Analyzer 2.0.5.0.

0 Kudos