cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Ethernet Wired Connectivity Issues on School Chromebook

jonathanjone
Contributor I

Hey NXP fellow,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently experiencing some issues with ethernet wired connectivity on my school Chromebook and I'm hoping to get some advice or solutions from this community.

Here's a rundown of my situation:

1. Issue Description: My Chromebook is not recognizing the Ethernet connection. When I plug in the Ethernet cable, there is no indication of a connection, and the device continues to rely on Wi-Fi. I've tried multiple Ethernet cables and ports to rule out a hardware issue.

2. Chromebook Model: [Snapdragon® 7c Gen 2 compute platform (8x Kryo 468 CPU, up to 2.55 GHz)]

Steps I've Taken So Far:

• Checked the Ethernet cable and port with another device (both are working fine).
  • Restarted the Chromebook multiple times.
  • Verified that the Ethernet adapter is properly connected (if using a USB Ethernet adapter).
  • Looked through Chromebook settings but couldn't find any obvious issues.
  • Ensured that the Chromebook is up to date with the latest Chrome OS updates.

Potential Solutions Considered:

• Checking for any updates or drivers specific to the Ethernet adapter.
  • Exploring settings related to network connections in the Chrome OS.
  • Investigating if there are any Chrome OS specific commands or troubleshooting steps that can be taken via the terminal.

If anyone has faced similar issues or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input. Specifically, I'm looking for:

• Any known compatibility issues with certain Ethernet adapters and school chromebook.
  • Detailed steps to ensure that the Chromebook is set to prioritize wired connections over Wi-Fi.
  • Any terminal commands or advanced settings that might help in diagnosing or resolving the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Jonathan Jone

0 Kudos
0 Replies