cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The KW38 slave cannot be connected by third party software

Jump to solution
liTian_one
Contributor I

When the KW38 is a slave, it cannot be connected to third-party software. Can only be used by iot toolbox connection.

sdk:D:\MKW38A512VFT4\SDK_2_6_15_MKW38A512xxx4\boards\frdmkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\w_uart\freertos

third-party software: nrf connect

Now I want to use kw38 slave through third-party software. How can I modify it? Look forward to your reply, thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As mentioned, the Wireless UART is a Custom Profile. In your case, your application does not know the profile, and the disconnection occurs. (in code, the Wireless UART example disconnects if the Service Discovery was not found).

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. The Wireless UART example application implements both the GATT client and server for the custom Wireless UART profile and services.

As it is a custom profile, your application has to implement it.

For more information about Wireless UART, please refer to section 5.18 of the Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User's Guide (Path: SDK\docs\wireless\Bluetooth).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Park123456
Contributor I

Currently using the w-uart routine can be recognized by nrf connect, but the connection does not work, is it necessary to be specific which routine can achieve nrf connect connection? Or do I need to modify the routines to change which programs and configurations? Or do I have to use NXP's IoT toolbox to connect?
we want to realize the common debugging tools on the market such as nrf connect class BLE debugging tool connection.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As mentioned, the Wireless UART is a Custom Profile. In your case, your application does not know the profile, and the disconnection occurs. (in code, the Wireless UART example disconnects if the Service Discovery was not found).

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos