Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Tick timer as general purpose timer

Jump to solution
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am using the PN7462 microcontroller. There are only 4 timers in PN7462 and I have exhausted those timers. I have a requirement to calculate 5Min time. There is a workaround that I put a counter in a milli-second timer and calculate 5 minutes but I looked into the PN7462 datasheet and there is a SysTick Timer. Is there a way I can use this timer for generating interrupts at a given time?  I am using bare-metal programming.

jayesh_joshi_0-1684419051685.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jayesh_joshi 

Unfortunately, there is no example for your application. So, you need to implement it by yourself.

BR

kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayesh_joshi
Contributor IV

@KellyLi 

Thank you for the response.

I do understand I can not achieve 5 minutes directly with a timer. 

Is there an example available for this counter as a timer? Or do I have to look into the datasheet for creating a timer?

0 Kudos
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jayesh_joshi 

Unfortunately, there is no example for your application. So, you need to implement it by yourself.

BR

kelly

0 Kudos
KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jayesh_joshi 

Thanks for contacting us and choosing the NXP products.

Yes, it's possible. But 24-bit counter does not reach 5min by an interrupt. So, it is recommended that you do this, interrupt once every 10 seconds, overflow after 30 interrupts, and continue to reload the counter value if it does not reach 30 times. In this case, 30*10s=300s=5min.

Hope the above is helpful to you.

If still any issues, please feel free to contact us.

BR

Kelly

0 Kudos