SensorFusion library on KW41Z MCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorFusion library on KW41Z MCU

heelcurve5
Contributor II

I'm looking for an MCU with BLE that has enough resources to run SensorFusion library and  KW41Z MCU seems lilke a good fit. Has anyone tried running SensorFusion on this MCU? Its spec says that it has "up to" 128K of SRAM but who knows how much of that  is available for the application. SensoFusion needs at least 12.5 KB + 60K of flash

( according to this document : https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/NSFK_Prod_UG.pdf  )

Thanks Andy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies

haarism19
Contributor I

Hey Andrew,

I'm trying to do the same. I looked over the Sensor fusion library and its documentation and it shows that it supports FRMD-K22F and FRMD-K64F. The SDK of LPCXPRESSO54114 also shows that it supports sensor fusion library. 

I wanted to use the BLE module like QN9080 or KW41Z, but the SKDs of these MCU doesn't have any sensor fusion library. I wanted to know if this sensor fusion library is generic and applicable to any MCU.

Also if I can use it with my KW41Z or QN9080.

If its possible then how did you achieve that, I'm new to this so any kind of guidance would be helpful. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

heelcurve5
Contributor II

For various reasons I didn't pursue this any further beyond initial

research.

0 Kudos

haarism19
Contributor I

Ohh okay. What was your approach? Were you thinking to create your own port file?  

0 Kudos

heelcurve5
Contributor II

The project took another turn and at this point not using SensorFusion at

all. But may revisit in the future

0 Kudos

heelcurve5
Contributor II

Great, that's pretty much what I needed. There should be plenty of room left for the SensorFusion. As for Wi-Fi

it is supported in MKW41Z512VHT4  according to this doc

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/KNTSKW41Z31Z21ZFS.pdf 

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Glad I could help. 

KW41 supports BLE, Generic FSK and 802.15.4. Could it be that you are thinking of the 802.11 standard which WiFi is based on?

0 Kudos

heelcurve5
Contributor II

Yes, I was thinking  802.11. I'm not familiar with 802.15.4 

Will look it up

Thanks

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andrew,

The KW41 MCU is available in two memory configurations:

-MKW41Z512VHT4 with 512 KB Flash and 128 KB SRAM.

-MKW41Z256VHT4 with 256 KB Flash and 64 KB SRAM.

The document "<SDK path>\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\BLE Release Notes.pdf" shows the memory footprints for some of the BLE applications. For example, the Heart Rate Sensor application uses about 26KB of RAM and 134KB of Flash, so there should be enough memory for the SensorFusion library.

Regards,

0 Kudos

heelcurve5
Contributor II

Thank you Gerardo

How much RAM/FLASH is used by the OS ( including BLE and WiFi stacks)

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find a more detailed description of the memory usage in the BLE Release Notes. For example:

pastedImage_1.png

Is this what you are looking for?

KW41 doesn't support WiFi. 

Regards,

0 Kudos