cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register and run new services on FRDM-KW36 client devices

SeokJin
Contributor II

Hello,

I am experimenting with two-way BLE communication using two FRDM-KW36 boards.

We are currently implementing it based on the Low Power Temperature Sensor and Collector example in the KW36 SDK.

In this example, I understand that the temperature measurement service is registered and running.

Here, I want to register a new service because I want to transmit certain data from the “Client(temp collector) device” to the “Server(temp sensor) device”.

To register and run a new service, I referred to NXP Community's "KW38 Custom Profile".

Because data will be transmitted from the client to the server, the new service is set to reverse the roles of client and server. (Code added)

Because data will be transmitted from the client to the server, the code for the client and server was added in reverse during the process of registering a new service. (The code to be added to the existing client was added to the server, and the code to be added to the server was added to the client.)

After registering and building the new service, no errors or warnings occurred and it was debugged normally.

To operate the callback function, callback functions on both the Client and Server sides were added. (The Client callback was added to the Server side, and the Server callback was added to the Client.)

However, the callback functions added to both sides did not work, and the result I wanted was not obtained.

What am I failing to think about?

Is there interference in registering and running services simultaneously on both sides, causing the service registration process (e.g. gattClientProcedureCallback(), StoreServieHandle(), etc.) to not work and the callback function to not work?

However, the existing temperature service was registered normally and all related callback functions also worked...

What should I check?? Shouldn't I add and modify the code like this?

Regard,

SeokJin.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The KW38 Custom Profile - NXP Community guides you on how to create a custom profile. But, maybe for your application, you could take as a base the Wireless UART example, as it is already implementing a bidirectional communication between central and peripheral.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos