cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS for JN5169 with ZigBee 3.0

julient
Contributor II

Hi,

I am developping an application on JN5169 with the ZigBee 3.0 SDK (JN-SW-4170) and one of the modules requires to have an RTOS.

A previous version of the ZigBee SDK was using JenOS, is it still possible to use it with ZigBee 3.0 SDK? Or is it possible to use any other OS?

Thank you for your help.

Tags (3)
6 Replies

julient
Contributor II

According to NXP support, ZigBee 3.0 stack does not support an OS.

We decided to run the other library in an external chip.

Thank you again Mario for your help.

Julien

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julien,

ZigBee 3.0 applications no longer require the NXP proprietary operating system, JenOS. However, the non-OS resources that were included in JenOS (e.g. Persistent Data Manager) are included in the JN51xx Core Utilities (JCU), supplied in the JN516x ZigBee 3.0 SDK

Mario

0 Kudos

julient
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your answer.

I understand the ZigBee 3.0 SDK has everything to work without JenOS. However, my specific application requires an OS, because of another (non ZigBee) library I want to use which is split in several tasks.

I am also looking at removing all OS dependencies from the other library. But I think it would be easier to have one.

Do you think JenOS would be adapted in this situation?

Thank you.

Julien

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julien,

The ZigBee 3.0 stack is running on bare metal. It doesn’t support an OS. However, the older version that we
provide ZHA and ZLL had OS.  You can use an application note and it will be compatible with the other ZigBee products that you have.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

igor_muravyov_2
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

Why there is no support for any RTOS on JN516x microcontrollers? I`ve seen weak port of FreeRTOS to this production and nothing else. Deprecating JenOS was strange enough act. 

Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Igor,

Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause you.

The Zigbee 3.0 stack doesn't support a OS is only bare metal, but you could look at the ZHA and ZLL, that are compatible with the Zigbee products and supports the JenOS.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos