Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080cdk Bluetooth example pin setting

Jump to solution
mjkimbravo
Contributor III

Hello,

I try to do data transmission through QN9080cdk using SDK example: "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm". I works fine, and USB dongle get data well.

Now I want to do this work in my own PCB board which MCU(QN9080) is mounted. To do it, I refer the pin setting of "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm", but I found that the RF pin is not used. How QN908xcdk board can send the data wirelessly to USB dongle without using RF pin which is connected to antenna? Which pin is a {{really}} needed one to send data wirelessly?

Below is a default pin setting of above SDK example.

mjkimbravo_0-1716444975662.png

mjkimbravo_1-1716445004308.png

Thanks,

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

By default, the SDK examples are configured to work with 32MHz, as our board has a 32MHz XTAL.

You should change this on code: BOARD_XTAL0_CLK_HZ

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. As seen on the image, some pins are "enabled" by default, like RF, RSTN, XTAL.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
mjkimbravo
Contributor III

Thank you your reply. The gray pins are the default, not disable. 

Then here is another question.

When I debug SDK "qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_private_profile_server_bm" in my own PCB board, loT toolbox or connectivity QTool cannot find my MCU BLE device (it works fine when I tested it using Design Kit).

I didn't touch any code in SDK, except I add BleAPP_Start() function on main_task() to start task directly after debugging start without pressing a Button1 (because there is no Button1 in my own PCB board).

In my PCB board, I connect RF pin to inductor and antenna as manual said. The below is a schematic. 

KakaoTalk_20240524_131101364.png

What I have to do more to wirelessly connect my own QN9080 in my PCB to phone or PC? Do I have to connect RF pin to any other pins? or which position I have to modify in the code?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Something important to remark, is that our SDK examples ready to work on our board without modifications. If you are using an example for another board, you would need to double check that you have the needed HW, or modify the SW for your HW. Please check the clocks, GPIO's.

Also, you would need to check the antenna design. Maybe this Application Note can help you with other considerations: QN908x Hardware Design Consideration.

I strongly recommend comparing your design with the design files from our QN9080DK.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
mjkimbravo
Contributor III

Of course before I made my PCB board, I check the file you tell me and consider as much as possible.

I checked the XTAL clks(16MHz, and 32.768kHz) and powers(VCC, VSS, etc) on my PCB through oscilloscope and those are fine (maybe this is not a reason of problem, because other SDKs such as I2C communication, ctimer works well in my PCB board).

My PCB schematic and layout is as attatched on file (only parts).

When I design antenna part, I refer to "BLE_Antenna_Design_AN11994.pdf" which I upload. I use "2450AT18A100".

Did I miss something? Is there any possible mistakes I have made?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

By default, the SDK examples are configured to work with 32MHz, as our board has a 32MHz XTAL.

You should change this on code: BOARD_XTAL0_CLK_HZ

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
mjkimbravo
Contributor III

Oh,

When I change the BOARD_XTAL0_CLK_HZ from 32M to 16M and change k32M_to_XTAL_CLK to k16M_to_XTAL_CLK, usb dongle find my PCB board BLE address!

Of course, there are still other problems to be solved in my job (I will upload them to a new question subject), but I am deeply grateful to you for solving this problem.

Thank you,

0 Kudos