QN9080-DK drivers on host PC (Windows)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080-DK drivers on host PC (Windows)

sanghamitrabhat
Contributor I

I am trying to connect and use the QN9080-DK and program it with one of the SDK examples (beacon). However, the drivers not getting installed properly on my Windows PC. I followed the instruction in the QN908x Quick Start Guide Chapter 4, but do not see the devices in the Device Manager as shown in Fig 4. I've tried both on Windows 7 and Windows 10. What do I need to do to ensure device drivers are installed corrrectly? I've tried with MCUXpresso v 10.1.1 and MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.

The drivers for the virtual COM port for the BLE dongle are also not installed correctly (see attachment 2)

Tags (3)
2 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sanghamitra Bhattacharya,

Just to confirm, did you install the drivers for the CMSIS-DAP debuger and virtual COM from the LPCScrypt utility?

The QN9080DK comes by default with the CMSIS-DAP debugger interface, but it may not be the latest version supported by the LPC-Link 2 integrated in the board. Please try updating the debugger firmware, by following the steps in section 4.4 Update debugger firmware to support J-Link/CMSIS-DAP from the QN908x Quick Start User Manual. You can try either with the CMSIS-DAP or J-Link interfaces and see if the device drivers get properly installed now.

About the BLE dongle, you may need to update the firmware as described by 4.3 Update BLE dongle firmware.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Best regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos

sanghamitrabhat
Contributor I

Thanks, Gerardo. I was able to get the drivers installed correctly, after I updated the debugger firmware for the CMSIS-DAP.