[QN9080] Cannot connect wireless_uart on Windows 10.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[QN9080] Cannot connect wireless_uart on Windows 10.

carlobramini
Contributor II

Hello,
I'm testing a QN9080CDK evaluation board with SDK 2.2.5.
I compiled several wireless examples and I successfully tested them with NXP IoT Toolbox on Android.
I want to use the wireless uart for my application, so I tested it with NXP IoT Toolbox and it also worked fine.
Unfortunately, the problems begin when I started to use a Windows 10 PC instead of an Android device.
The wireless_uart example is unmodified. The device is set in peripheral role and, after I started the Advertising, the PC cannot detect the device and the board prints these messages continuously:

Advertising...
Connected to device 0 as slave.
Disconnected from device 0.

Advertising...

Advertising...

...etc, at the rate of about 500ms and forever.
I also tried to modify these entries into app_preinclude.h:

/*! Enable/disable use of pairing procedure */
#define gAppUsePairing_d 1

/*! Enable/disable use of privacy */
#define gAppUsePrivacy_d 1

After that, it seems that detection works better.
When I press on "NXP_WU", Windows opens a container for writing the PIN code (from app_preinclude.h, it should be "999999" if I have understood correctly), but the board prints:

Connected to device 0 as slave

then, immediately, it prints:

Disconnected from device 0

Advertising...

As result, as soon as you select "NXP_WU" from the list of detected devices, on Windows appears immediately a dialog box with written:

"Dispositivo sconosciuto" -> "Unknown device"
"Connessione non riuscita" -> "Cannot make connection"
"Chiudi" -> "Close" (this is the button)

After some debugging, I have not found a solution.
Is this a known behaviour?
I tested different PCs with different Bluetooth devices but the problem is the same for all.
Although my primary platform is Windows, I also tested a Linux machine but the problem is the same.

What do you suggest me to do for connecting the PC with the QN9080CDX?

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @carlobramini,

I hope you are doing great.

This is part of the OS security of the central device, in this case, windows or Linux, the disconnect reason is The Remote User Terminated Connection error code, it indicates that the user on the remote device either terminated the connection or stopped broadcasting packets. So, in this case, you have to create an application that creates and supports the connection with the different profiles.

For example, you can test the HID Device example, with the bonding and pairing and you will see that the mouse is moving and the connection is established.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos