QN9020 MiniDK - How to load and debug (Keil)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9020 MiniDK - How to load and debug (Keil)

Jump to solution
mickaelrenault
Contributor I

Hi,

We just bought a QN9020 MiniDK board to work on the BLE capability. We use the Keil IDE to develop our code, but we are not able to load and debug the board. For now we have to load our program through the QBlue software provided by NXP, but we expect to use the usual debugger as soon as possible.

Here is our process:
- We soldered R37 and R38 to use the debugger (as per the documentation UM10895, p.7)
- We shorted R35 and R36 to use the debugger (as per the documentation UM10895, p.8)
- We have the JLink Driver correctly set up, and the QN9020 board configuration correctly imported from QBlue into Keil
- We want to load and debug the QPP example via Keil
-> We have an error, which is not exactly the one mentioned in AN11664, p.16 (5.1.2: Download file in Keil). We tried using RESET button, or button1 or button2, but we always have the same error.

Attached is a home-made video to illustrate (sorry, not professional quality!)
Or follow this link: http://www.mireweb.com/DebugQN9020.mp4

Did you find out the problem here? Please feel free to share!

If not, what is your best method to debug this board?

Thanks for your help!

Mickael

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mickaelrenault
Contributor I

We bought another board and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!

Mickael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mickaelrenault
Contributor I

We bought another board and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!

Mickael

0 Kudos
michaelgoudey
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

Your board setup looks pretty much the same as mine.  However, I have actual 0-Ohm resistors installed in R35-R38 locations.  I'm surprised these were not included on your board, actually.

The J-Link setup window needs to "see" the SWD device.  I suggest changing Max Clock field to 5MHz, then exit and reopen the "Coretex JLink/JTrace Target Driver Setup" window once or a couple of times until the SWD Device shows up.  Here is a screen shot example.

pastedImage_1.png

Once you can see IDCODE/Device Name showing a device, you should be good to go.  If the board is being stubborn, try pressing switch sequence SW3 - SW1 and then try again.

Regards,

Michael Goudey