Pls' explain SPI-comm method MCU<>PN5190

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls' explain SPI-comm method MCU<>PN5190

Haddock
Contributor II

We have constructed a PCB with an MCU and PN5190. I want to do a simple communication test with the PN5190 by sending a command and getting a response (via SPI). Once I get the PN5190 to respond I can move on but for now I just want to check that the 5190 is alive.  Yes, I'm new to PN5190...

I've read parts of the manual and googled hard to understand the PN5190's way of communicating but can't really find a good "Quck start".
I have SPI_Write(), SPI_Read() and SPI_WriteRead(). I have enabled IRQ.
Do I start by sending a command with SPI_Write() with 0x7F as the first byte? How do I retrieve the answer? I have a response to the command. Do I take care of it in the IRQ routine with SPI_Read()?
Is SPI_WriteRead() used with PN5190?
I have seen on some forums that 0xFF is used or is it the first byte read from 5190?

Appreciate the tips. It saves me time.

Is for now; I send 0x7F,0x20,0x01,0x00....I receive a lot of 0xFF

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Haddock

Hope you are doing well.

Please, take a look at the PN5190 NFC frontend Data Sheet, Section 9.23 SPI Host interface and 9.24 Host interface commands for more information on SPI interface features, commands, events, registers.

Also, please consider using the NFC Reader Library for NFC Frontend Solutions that can be downloaded from the PN5190 webpage; this library provides a modular way of programming and setting up the reader interface.

EduardoZamora_0-1700603401693.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos