cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462AU_ex_phExVCom Modification

Phil125
Contributor II

Hi,

I have used the PN7462AU_ex_phExVCom example that is readily available from NXP. I have used this, as it utilises the USB port. I wanted it to read ISO15693 tags, and thought I had changed over (default is ISO 14443A tags).

I seem to get the PN7462AU to send an inventory command with the phhalHw_PN7462AU_Exchange api, but the api comes back with a timeout error, even though when I look on the oscilloscope, and the tag starts to respond (shown below). The chip seems to switch the RF off halfway through the chips response.

I can get the chip to fully respond when using the Discovery_Loop example, so I know the H/W set up is correct, but can't help but feel there is a setting I've missed. I'm also not sure whether this problem is to do with the fact that the example uses the RTOS, and I'm wondering if that is having an effect.

Has anyone else come across this before?

End of transmission with start of responseEnd of transmission with start of response

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,
Thank you very much for using our products!
Since the PN7462AU_ex_phExVCom example is built as a whole .c file for Polling Type A tags, we have to recommend you please build your own file based on this file and, with the NfcrdlibEx5_ISO15693_mcux. For example in the phExVCom_PollTypeA.c, there is an inizialitation funciton, phExVCom_PalInit() that, rquires to change the LoadProtocol_Initiator to: E_PHHAL_RF_LP_I_TX_15693 from the phhalRF_LP_Init.h.

I'm very sorry but, there isn't a specific path for changing the detection technology. It is highly recommended to base the detection flow on the ISO15693 example.
My apologies for this. We don't have any other examples to share.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Phil125
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian_R,

Yes, I have already done this - as shown below - is there anything else you can think of that may need to be done. The transmission looks to be correct as the tag starts to respond - it seems that the reception of the PN7462 isn't set up correctly - even though the protocol has been updated! 

Phil125_0-1701248741394.png

0 Kudos