Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7160 interfacing with STM32F7 MCU in Card Emulation mode

Jump to solution
Krishan_T_S
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am trying to interface PN7160 NFC evaluation kit with STM32F732 MCU in card emulation mode using I2C interface. I explored the web for resources (particularly for this HW interface) for any general purpose library but I unable to find it.
Kindly provide any Command sequence document, demo code/ library or other documents if available.
Please do the needful.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Krishan_T_S
Contributor II

Hi,

It worked for iPhone for me with STM32 based host MCU, the mistake which I made is I connected Vbat to 3.3V but it needs to be connected with 5V. I done the same.
Now the ported demo application worked for me.

Note: Refer AN13288 for HW connection information.

Thanks for Support!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Krishan_T_S 

I would suggest you refer to AN13288.

section 5.2

The present code example can be easily ported to any other target providing I²C or SPI
master and GPIO capabilities.
The only module requiring adaptation is the TML component (relates to how the target
provides this support), others modules being platform agnostic.

reference code is SW6705,  you can get it from PN7160 product page.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Krishan_T_S
Contributor II

Thank you for suggestion, I am able to port library code with my STM32 architecture successfully.
I am detecting the emulated tag (ISO14443-4 Type A) and able to read the emulated tag from Android device, but I am unable detect the emulated tag to perform Read/Write operation using iPhone. Please provide the configuration and changes needs to be done for example project so that I can use PN7160 with iPhone in Card emulation mode.

Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Krishan_T_S
Contributor II

Hi,

It worked for iPhone for me with STM32 based host MCU, the mistake which I made is I connected Vbat to 3.3V but it needs to be connected with 5V. I done the same.
Now the ported demo application worked for me.

Note: Refer AN13288 for HW connection information.

Thanks for Support!

Krishan_T_S
Contributor II
*Note: Refer AN13288 for HW connection information with dev kit.
0 Kudos