PN7150 Register Access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 Register Access

pcpro178nxp
Contributor I

Where can I find documentation or code examples for accessing the PN7150 registers from the host controller?  Specifically, I presently need to get/set the VEN_CFG register.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

pcpro178nxp
Contributor I

@danielchen We are facing a problem wherein when presented with a reader tag, the INT line from the PN7150 does not appear to assert. It always reads low. VEN is constant high.  Do you know if additional configuration, beyond the default POR register settings, is needed?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would suggest you refer to AN 11756 : PN7150 Hardware Design Guide. VEN signal is supposed to be driven by the host controller with which VDD(PAD) supply is shared.  It is strongly recommended to foresee a control of VEN pin from the host controller side so that it can reset PN7150 whenever needed.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Please refer to UM10936: PN7150 user manual
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/UM10936.pdf

Chapter 10: configurations    p86

danielchen_0-1643041953307.png

If you need to update this register, you need to send NCI command to PN7150 from MCU.

you can refer to code in nxpnci.c

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

pcpro178nxp
Contributor I

Daniel, thanks, but I am already aware of the VEN_CFG register.  My questions is how can I read and change the value of VEN_CFG?  Where is nxpnci.c located?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pcpro178nxp 

This file is in sw4325.

You can download sw4325 from below link
https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-with-integr...

within SW4325, You can use ''NxpNci_ConfigureParams'' API from the application (after NxpNci_Connect has been called) to set this parameter

0 Kudos