PN512 minimum required to read tags

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN512 minimum required to read tags

Y-van
Contributor I

I have a PN512 on a custom PCB. I am successfully communicating with the chip over I2C with my MCU (STM32). I can read and write registers, run self-test etc. The radio is operating, I can see the carrier on my scope.

I would like to know the minimum required sequences of register operations to detect a present tag and report an ID.  I don't want to use the vendor library directly and I don't want to have to weed through hundreds of thousands of lines of code to find the few register writes I need.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Y-van 

The steps for accessing different types of tags are different. For example, type 2 tags need to activate the third layer of the protocol to access the tags, and type 4 tags need to activate the fourth layer of the protocol to be accessed. How to activate layer 3 or 4 of protocol, please refer to the specification of ISO-14443. Besides, there is an example for your reference. The path of the example is SW6693\RC663_Register_Example\Ex3_Write_Block. This example is an open source, you can download SW6693 from NXP official website. 

Best Regards

kelly

0 Kudos