cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXH3670 Friendly name

alassaneg
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to develop an application including a multiple point to point system with the NXH3670.

For this, i'd need to be able to change the device "firendly name", and i'll also need to be able to change it during runtime with or without (better) external micocontroller. Does NXH3670 offers that possibility?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
8 Replies

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not sure exactly what do you mean by "friendly name". If you meant the name displayed as USB device, then check in the USB descriptor codes.

Also for NXH3670 normally it is provided via NXP distributors, do you have a disty or NXP contact already? Maybe try to check with them first.

0 Kudos

alassaneg
Contributor II

By Friendly name, i mean the bluetooth device name like it appear when i'm looking for it with my phone for example.

NXH3670 is developped by NXP, so i think contacting NXP is normally the first thing i have to do.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alassane,

Please also check the command PH_HCI_VS_SET_VENDOR_INFORMATION_CMD (productName parameter).

NXH3670 based headset is only connecting to a NXH3670 dongle, not to a phone. So you shouldn't search the 3670 device using smartphone's bluetooth discovery.

Could you tell us how do you get your NXH3670 dev. boards and software? Surely you should get support from NXP, but maybe via distributors. The distributors can help you to setup connection with the dedicated NXH3670 support within NXP, who is more specialized and efficient than the community here.

Regards,

Xiang

alassaneg
Contributor II

Hi Xiang,

It's exactly what i was looking for.

I actually don't own a NXH3670 but i'm looking to evaluate if i can use one, and changing the name during runtime using the chip itself or an external microcontroller is one of my requirement. 

I'm not planning on connecting one to my phone, it was just an example. I will only connect the NXH3670 to another NXH3670.

I'm planning on buying  the chip from Farnell.

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alassane,

NXH3670 is not meant for hobbyist, but for companies who want to make a product. Because the SDK and ADK cost $2k and $1k respectively, and the chip is in WLCSP packaging, so hard to work on it for an engineer as hobby project.

NxH3670 Wireless Gaming Headphone Solution | NXP 

If you or your company is seriously considering to kick off a project with NXH3670, I'd recommend you to go to your local distributor. Arrange a meeting with distributor's sales or PM and explain your project / volume etc. Normally they can help to answer the questions and provide materials. Else they can also forward the case to a dedicated NXP support.

Regards,

Xiang

0 Kudos

alassaneg
Contributor II

Hi Xiang,

I'm an hobbyist with an idea in mind and there are not so many companies that can provide a low latency chip.

Every company started from the bottom right? I need to start somewhere, right? But unfortunately, I can't afford paying 3k$ for a POC if i'm not even sure that it'll work...

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alassane,

>> Every company started from the bottom right? I need to start somewhere, right? But unfortunately, I can't afford paying 3k$ for a POC if i'm not even sure that it'll work...

I understand you. In fact, when I try something myself, run into tech issues and find no answers/supports online at all, there I share the same feeling as you.

NXP does spend solid efforts on docs, demos, training videos to make our products easy to learn and to use. But there is just not enough resources to do so for every single product.

If you still have questions about NXH3670 features, whether a product POC can be done using 3670 or not, we can try to find info for you. Just post it here. But if you need boards, more detailed tech support, I am afraid it will be very hard via this community.

Regards,

Xiang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alassane,

Please look at the ID PH_HCI_VS_DEVICE_PARAMETERS_STORED_EVENT in your documentation that has been provided with your NXP Distributor.

Regards,

Mario