cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW01 RF not moving to TX mode

saurabhjhamb
Contributor I

Hi Folks,

I am trying to set up RF transmit in Kinetis MKW01Z128CHN.

The fixed packet length is set to 5 bytes and TxStartCondition is set to FifoLevel.

FifoLevel IRQ bit (in MKW01_Reg_IrqFlags2) is getting set properly after filling FIFO to full.

Then, when I try to move it to TX Mode by setting Mode bits in MKW01_Reg_OpMode, it does NOT set the ModeReady and TXReady status bits in MKW01_Reg_IrqFlags1.

MKW01_Reg_IrqFlags1 always reads 0, has anyone else faced this issue?

I am working on NXP Reference Design Board (MRB-KW0x)

Appreciate any help/pointers in achieving a simple Transmit/Receive setup.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saurabh Jhamb,

Could you share more details about your application?

Are you using a demo application from the KW01 Connectivity Software as a base for your application?

Regards,
Gerardo

0 Kudos

saurabhjhamb
Contributor I

Hi Gerardo,

I am running Radio Utility_MKW01_JA code downloaded from this link.

It didn't initially connect to the utility MKW01 Radio Utility_JA.exe, I noticed not seeing the CLKOUT from RF that was routed as external clock to MCU in the original code. So I had to change the MCU clock to internal one to get that up. But now I am stuck in the problem mentioned in the question.

Could you please help narrow down the issue?

I am running it on MRB-KW019030JA received as it is from NXP. Trying to get a basic send/receive using fixed length packets on RF.

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saurabh, 

I followed the MRB-KW01 Development Platform Radio Utility Application Demo - Quick Start Guide that shows how to run the Radio Utility Application demo with a simple send/receive scenario and was able to receive packets successfully. I did not modify the source code but had to change the jumper setting of J8: 1-2 so the CLKOUT signal drives the external clock input of the MCU. 

It is recommended to use the KW01 Connectivity Software since it is newer than the Radio Utility Application demo and includes more demo apps as well as documentation on how to develop your own application.

Regards,

Gerardo

saurabhjhamb
Contributor I

Thanks Gerardo.

I found the issue was due to soldering of QFN package. The board was delivered to me with faulty KW01 (it wouldn't come out of reset!).

While changing the MCU manually we faced a lot of issues in soldering it properly due to complexity of QFN package. BUt at last we are seeing some success (about 20% of the time). Any recommendations from your side?

Lost a lot of valuable time... :smileysad:

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saurabh,

I'm sorry to hear that. My recommendation would be to solder another MCU or to replace the board. The part could have been damaged during the soldering process. 

Regards,
Gerardo

0 Kudos