cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13224v + Beestack [ZIGBEE PRO]

marconi
Contributor I

Hi All,

i want expose my problem in order to solve it, if it is possible.

The problem is related to the routing tables of the dongle.

I periodically execute a LQI request to all nodes of my zigbee network, and after some time, i receive some network errors:

For example:

NLME-NWK-STATUS.Indication NeighborExpired for 5504

NLME-NWK-STATUS.Indication Nontreelinkfailure for 0000, where 0000 is the shortaddress of itself.

NLME-NWK-STATUS.Indication TargetDeviceUnavailable for B793

NLME-NWK-STATUS.Indication Noroutingcapacity for B793

This is a strange issue and i want solve it, because all nodes are corrently connected and no one is plugged off

can someone help me?

If i restart the dongle, and re-execute all commands (Reset + ModeSelect.Request + WriteSas.Request + StartNetwork.Request + all others), all is ok for a limited time, and then, the problem is present.

Thanks,

Marco N.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Marco,

It would depend in how often your devices are communicating with the dongle. The route expired message seems to be due to a timeout set in the stack at compilation time. The default value is 10, so after 10 minutes of inactivity, the route will expire if it has not been used.

This could be modified in gMinutesToExpireRoute_c in BeeStackConfiguration.h. If you set such value to 0, it means routes will never be expired on time. Please do so and try again to verify the issue is caused by this. If problem persists, please specify codebase version and application template used, along as application’s flow details. 

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

marconi
Contributor I

Hi Angel thanks for your answer:)

I can't recompile the firmware, can you do this for me?

Can i set these properties using the serial API?

I can set the network attributes and the aps attributes, can you tell me the attributes id for these changes?

Thank you,

Marco N.

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 05/giu/2015, alle ore 18:25, AngelC <admin@community.freescale.com> ha scritto:

MC13224v + Beestack

reply from AngelC in Wireless Connectivity - View the full discussion

Hello Marco,

It would depend in how often your devices are communicating with the dongle. The route expired message seems to be due to a timeout set in the stack at compilation time. The default value is 10, so after 10 minutes of inactivity, the route will expire if it has not been used.

This could be modified in gMinutesToExpireRoute_c in BeeStackConfiguration.h. If you set such value to 0, it means routes will never be expired on time. Please do so and try again to verify the issue is caused by this. If problem persists, please specify codebase version and application template used, along as application’s flow details.

Regards,

AngelC

Did your question get answered?

If so, say thanks by clicking Correct Answer in the community thread!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in Wireless Connectivity by email or at Freescale Community

Following MC13224v + Beestack in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Freescale Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Freescale Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Marco,

What firmware are you exactly using? Are you using a Freescale board like MC1322xSRB or MX1322xUSB dongle? Please provide me further details about this in order to have a better context.

The properties I mentioned could not be changes using ZTC commands, so the only choice would be to modify the source code and re-compile it. Are you not able to do this due to the compiler license?

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos

marconi
Contributor I

Hi Angel,

thanks for your help.

I'm using a usb dongle, in details the flexgrid flexkey.

I'm using a loader in order to update the firmware.

In order to investigate the problem with the routing table i have printed the values below, but i can not change the link status period and the tree routing boolean and route discovery retry properties.

Have you enough information now?

At the moment the size of my firmware is 157kb and the name is blackbox...bin

Which values for the properties above you thinks are the best?what are you using?

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 08/giu/2015, alle ore 23:34, AngelC <admin@community.freescale.com> ha scritto:

MC13224v + Beestack

reply from AngelC in Wireless Connectivity - View the full discussion

Hello Marco,

What firmware are you exactly using? Are you using a Freescale board like MC1322xSRB or MX1322xUSB dongle? Please provide me further details about this in order to have a better context.

The properties I mentioned could not be changes using ZTC commands, so the only choice would be to modify the source code and re-compile it. Are you not able to do this due to the compiler license?

Regards,

AngelC

Did your question get answered?

If so, say thanks by clicking Correct Answer in the community thread!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Freescale Community

Start a new discussion in Wireless Connectivity by email or at Freescale Community

Following MC13224v + Beestack in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Freescale Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Freescale Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hi Marco,

Despite Flexkey uses a Freescale device, all firmware-related issues should be addressed by Flexgrid. They might have modified the Freescale Beestack application default settings or customized a part of it, so we cannot really help you. It might mess with its actual application. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As mentioned, it seems the issue is caused by the 10 minute threshold, which is not a problem, simply a default setting. You could repeat the procedure several times and verify this is the root cause indeed. If such is the case, you may contact Flexgrid and ask if they could change this. If not possible, try to use the routes or send a dummy message every X minutes to keep routes alive.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos