Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW45 SPSDK burns NBU and locks up

Jump to solution
Melton
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I encountered a problem that the chip locked after burning NBU through SPSDK.

1. chip type: KW45B41Z83A.

2. I downloaded the latest AN13883SW from the official website.

3. I followed this link to run SPSDK, then also successfully burned key and SB3 files.

KW45xx and K32W1xx Load NBU image — SPSDK documentation

Melton_1-1716455958496.pngMelton_2-1716456000892.png

4. Finally I burned the KW45 wireless uart routine,However, it does not work, and other mcu-related routines can run normally,similar to hello world routines, my board works fine.(SDK version:V2.12.5)

5.  Then I tried to update the SB3 file generated by SPSDK to the SB3 file within the SDK(version 2.12.5) via blhost,but they refused to burn it,errors in the following picture.

Melton_3-1716456622397.png

6. I can only burn the SB3 file generated by SPSDK through BLHOST, as shown below, but this SB3 file can not run the radio frequency routine.

Melton_4-1716456950812.png

So I would like to ask you what causes this,looking forward to your reply,thank you!

KW45 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa17177
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Melton 

you can try to get the NBU image from SDK, which you would like to use and then change only a xip image and call the receive-sb-file again with newly generated sb file. Let me know if you still have a problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Boured
Contributor I

efuse_program_once returns failure message when using 'lock' option but still the fuse is burnt.

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If it possible can you please share with me the message you are receiving and also a image of the Secure Provisioning Tool view on the OTP/IFR window.

0 Kudos
Boured
Contributor I

Hi, on windows client, we backup an Oracle DB with catalog. It's backup about 1,6Tb

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for the information, with the details provided on the last response you were able to update the NBU version?

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I have tried many versions of NBU but they cannot be upgraded,I generate NBU through SPSDK in accordance with the guidelines of AN13883,Do I need to provide you with AN_SPSDK I edited?

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Ok, I understand can you please share with me what you generated.

You can provide this to me through a private message if you rather to.

So we can find the root cause about why the NBU file is not properly generated.

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I have sent you the relevant documents by private email,please help to find the problem.thank you very much!

KW45 

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing the documentation, I just finish reviewing this, and I have the following recommendations. I review that you configuration as you mention of the SB3 file has been generated properly, so in this case I would highly recommend if you can update the NBU firmware (which is failing) with the following application note guidance, and making sure that the software version SDK is the same for both files.

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

I appreciate the information and the details.

Can you please help me with the following points:

1. Can you please help me by updating the SDK version to the latest on 2.15.00.
  2. Please help me following the getting started guide where is also explained how to update the NBU for the Wireless examples.
  3. With the python problem you mention, please help me updating the python version and if it is possible like this to the cmd path.

Is important to have a matching NBU image for the SDK version of the application you are working with.

Please let me know if you had any changes with this modifications and if you succeed with the NBU updating.

0 Kudos
Boured
Contributor I

I encountered a problem that the chip locked after burning NBU through SPSDK.

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply,I have carried out the following operations according to your suggestions.

1. Upgrade the SDK version to the latest V2.12.7 .

Melton_0-1716513050844.png

2. I used the SB3 file in the latest version of the SDK to try to update it,still a failure.

Melton_1-1716513086510.png

3. My version of python was originally V3.11.6,then I tried python V3.12.1 and still got the error shown below.

Melton_2-1716518776542.png

Please further analysis and help~

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for updating the SDK version, and also for sharing the results.

Can you please help me on the following changes to see if this can help solve this issue.

• Can you please create a folder inside the C: drive directly, and make sure that python is linked to the environment variables (just to make sure this could not be causing the troubles.
  •  I understand for the pictures you are sharing you have your device in ISP mode with no problem, can you please help me confirm if you are using an EVK board or if this is a custom board.

Is important that the path to the spsdk usage is shorten this could sometimes cause problems.

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

•   I have tried to use the sb3 file generated by SPSDK in the C disk directory to update NBU, and it is OK. But in the same way, if I use the sb3 file in the SDK to update the NBU, it will fail.

Melton_0-1716774473923.png

Melton_2-1716774593356.png

• I added it to the system environment variables when I installed python.Melton_3-1716774820992.png
  • I use a board that I developed myself,NXP's official development board has burned the default key, so it seems to be no problem in updating any version of the SB3 file.

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I'm, glad that the sb3 that you generated by the SPSDK in the C disk to update the NBU works fine.

Regarding the SDK sb3 file, I ask if this was custom board, because the sb3 file that is generated on the SDK has some different keys that are used in the EVK board, this could be reason why is failing on your custom board.

So in this case, it is recommended to use the one you generated with the SPSDK.

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

It is a custom board,however, as I have replied you before, if the SB3 file generated by SPSDK is used, although the NBU can be successfully updated, my board cannot run radio-frequency related programs.

Let me summarize my question again:

1. I generated the key and the SB3 file through SPSDK and burned it to my custom chip,There is no problem with this process, but the problem with doing this is that it does not work properly after burning the RF routine program.

2. The second problem is that the custom board that burned the SB3 file through SPSDK can no longer update the SB3 file.

This is a confusing question and I need your help~

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I understand,

Can you please help me with some points:

1. I know that you understand that the RF routine won't work without the NBU upgrade, but you have generated the sb3 file with succeed following the guide mentioned in first instance. I will leave here an application note that I think could provide more details and that could help us. This is located on the section 5.2.

There is mentioned that in order for updating the NBU some steps have to be performed with a new *.xip file.

1. On your second question, I would like to know first if have program permanently the KW45?
0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I don't quite understand the program permanently you asked about,I only burned the official wireless uart routine.

There is also a question I would like to consult, how to know the SDK version of the NBU downloaded through SPSDDK,because the NBU can run properly only after the NBU version is synchronized with the SDK version.

0 Kudos
nxa17177
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Melton 

you can try to get the NBU image from SDK, which you would like to use and then change only a xip image and call the receive-sb-file again with newly generated sb file. Let me know if you still have a problem. 

0 Kudos
Melton
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I have solved the problem,the cause is that the xip file under SPSDK needs to be replaced with the xip file under the SDK version to be debugged, then generate the sb3 file. In this case, the nbu is the version to be debugged,I see the document does not mention this point, need to replace the xip file, so I always think that the chip is locked.

Melton_0-1719472411754.png

0 Kudos
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We currently do not have a command that will provide the details about the NBU firmware version available in the SPSDK.

And you information is correct it is necessary that the NBU firmware version is synchronized with the SDK version in order to work properly.

I will recommend to update the radio firmware version using the following guide and use the SDK version as the one you are using on your project to prevent complications.

As I remember I suggested to upgrade the SDK version so make sure that the program and the NBU both are on the same SDK version maybe this is causing troubles.

0 Kudos