JN5169 turn off receiver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5169 turn off receiver?

rkoontz
Contributor II

I have been experimenting with the JN-AN-1189 Zigbee HA project.  Specifically the Dimmer Switch setup.  I have set it to performing sampling multiple times per second and sleep when not sampling as I intend to use this on a battery.  I am currently having it only TX/RX when necessary but during that roughly 2 second window when it handles the network handshaking I am seeing the unit pull about 13mA of power.  Most of this seems to be because the receiver is coming on and staying on during this window (I'm monitoring this via oscilloscope on DIO2).  It only transmits in very short bursts(also monitored via oscilloscope on DIO3).  The battery I would like to use is not going to support having the receiver on for the entire networking task window even if I can cut it down to 1 second.  Is there anything I can do through the JenNet IP stack to limit the time the receiver is on?  So far the only option I can find is to switch over to the IEEE 802.15.4 stack which would allow me to shut off the receiver.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

Could you let us know the following:

1. Which SDK you are using.
  2. Which version of the SDK you are using.
  3. Which version of the application note you are using.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

rkoontz
Contributor II

Mario,

I am using JN-SW-4168, Build version 1279 (per the documentation JN-RN-0058-JN-SW-4168-ZB-HA-ZLL-SDK.pdf)

The application note code is JN-AN-1189-ZigBee-HA-Demo-1v10.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

This is an issue with the version 1279. This issue was fixed for version 1364 and onwards.

Please use the latest SDK on the website as there has been several issues rectified highlighted in the release notes of the SDK.

ZigBee Home Automation|NXP 

The issue was, the receiver is left on while waiting for the association response even though the device will poll for the response.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

rkoontz
Contributor II

Mario,

Thank you for your response. It looks like I am two revs behind on the SDK and the application note versions so I will update those and run my tests again. I am also on rev behind on the green power and JenOS user guides I was consulting so I will update those as well. Is there an email list I can sign up for that would notify me when releases are made?

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert,

You can modify your subscription center in your NXP profile.

Please log in and select the option subscription center in the Profile and History.

Then you can select the options that you want and you will receive NXP email updates for products, training, and technical information.In this case you are interesting Interface & Connectivity. 

Let me know if you have problems.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos