JN5168 - Zigbee multi endpoint dimmable light

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 - Zigbee multi endpoint dimmable light

peeveeone
Contributor I

Hi, I am in the process of creating a multi endpoint dimmable light and have been using a JN5168 and the JN-AN-1171 demo project as a starting point. Overall the results are great, the device connects to the HA network and all (4) endpoints/lights are discovered and controllable. However, there is one issue I have been unable to resolve:

When more than one endpoint is assigned to the same group, only the first endpoint reacts to group commands, scenes do work as expected. Some examples:

- With all four lights individually assigned to a group, all lights react to their group command

- With the four lights assigned to the same group, only the first light reacts to group commands

- With the lights assigned to two groups, only the first light of the group reacts to group commands.

I cannot find anything related to endpoint group assignment and handling in the (cluster) documentation and by looking at the SDK sources I can only assume it closely related to scenes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Peter.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Peter,

The Controller device can operate the Lighting device(s) using one of two addressing modes – unicast or groupcast. Unicast mode allows the user to operate a single Lighting device.

Groupcast mode allows the user to operate a group of Lighting devices simultaneously.

Use the button ‘?’ to toggle between these two modes.

What is the Shift Mode that you are using?

Please take a look the The four tables summarise the button functions in the four Shift modes.

-Groupcast/Unicast.

-Select next light:

Application Note: JN-AN-1171

Chapter 5 Advanced User Information

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

peeveeone
Contributor I

Hi Mario, 

Thanks for your reply. While this was not the direct solution, while reading about the Groupcast/Unicast I found out about the queueing system used for messages. Increasing the appropriate queue size turned out to be the solution, everything is working fine now.

Thanks. Best Regards, 

Peter

0 Kudos