cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 Error: Unknown Endpoint

dogboy21
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create an application for my JN5168 MCU, based on the JN-AN-1171 application note.

When I want to connect it to my Hue Bridge, the log shows that the MCU joined the Zigbee network as a router as expected. However after that, the error E_ZCL_ERR_EP_UNKNOWN shows up for every endpoint configured in my app.zpscfg. The error is triggered by command 0x0A, which seems to be the "Report Attributes" command. I correctly register the endpoints in the application with eZLL_RegisterColourLightEndPoint and also double checked with debug outputs. The tsZCL_EndPointDefinition of the device is also correctly populated with all properties, so I don't quite understand the cause of the problem.

Maybe someone knows an answer.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicolas,

As you know, the JN-AN-1171 only supports Zigbee Light Link, so first of all, you have to be sure your Hue Bridge supports ZLL or ZB3. 

If you add extra endpoints to a ZLL application all commands will go out using the ZLL Profile ID (assuming you associated it with the new endpoint) rather than the ZHA Profile ID which is necessary to control devices like bulbs.

Our ZDO implementation allows a callback to be registered that is called prior to transmitting any commands and allows the default Profile ID (ZLL) to be overridden if sending commands to bulbs the ZHA Profile ID needs to be used instead. All our ZLL devices already invoke this callback:

ZPS_vAplZdoRegisterProfileCallback(vOverideProfileId);

The code in the callback function in our ZLL devices is similar to the following:

PRIVATE void vOverideProfileId(uint16* pu16Profile, uint8 u8Ep)
{
    if (u8Ep == CONTROLLER_COLORCONTROLLER_REMOTE_ENDPOINT)
    {
        *pu16Profile = 0x0104;
    }
}

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

dogboy21
Contributor I

Hue Bridges do support ZLL and ZB3, but for now I'm only using JN-AN-1194 with ZLL.

The color light endpoints are configured with the ZLL Profile id and I also have the vOverideProfileId method which is  registered with ZPS_vAplZdoRegisterProfileCallback.

It's weird that the application itself doesn't know the endpoints, although they're in the app.zpscfg and registered with eZLL_RegisterColourLightEndPoint.

0 Kudos