IOTZTB-DK006: Failing to comissioning light node.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOTZTB-DK006: Failing to comissioning light node.

saramonteiro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi all,

I am just starting to evaluate IOTZTB-DK006 and unfortunately I am not able to test the Kit because I can`t commission the light node, only the switch node.

I also didn`t find a "how to" build and flash the light node application, the getting started provided on the IOTZTB-DK006 page doesn`t provide it, instead, it provided a tutorial for the beacon demo.

Regards,

Sara

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sara,

Hope you are doing well. Could you please clarify what Guide or Document are you following? Are you following this Getting Started with the K32W061?

If you are trying to test the Zigbee 3.0 Controller and Switch and the Zigbee 3.0 Light Bulbs, I would recommend checking the document file inside each zip. There is a section on each document called "Running the Demonstration Application".

Also, please refer to Zigbee 3.0 Getting Started. This Application Note provides guidance towards the best starting point for the development of your own Zigbee 3.0 device firmware. (Installation of MCXpresso IDE, Workspace, SDK, Python, Flash Programmer and Application Notes).

Hope this helps. If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

saramonteiro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  1. Hope you are doing well. Could you please clarify what Guide or Document are you following? Are you following thisGetting Started with the K32W061?

Yes. Since it is the Getting Started provided on IOTZTB-DK006 page.

2. Thank you for providing the additional  guides. That helped me a lot understanding the applications. Where are these documentations provided in our website?

3. Since, the only device I was not able to commission to the network was the light bulb node, I went straight forward for this application node (JN-AN-1244). First, my idea was to only flash the pre-built binary to this node and check if it would work. But I had the following issue:

saramonteiro_0-1672736841578.png

Do you know what may be the error source?

4. Let me enjoy this thread for also for checking other doubts with you:

The IOTZTB-DK006 kit is also intended to be a evaluation Kit for Matter Protocol.

From what I saw in the source codes, these applications are not using the Matter Protocol, right?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Sara

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sara,

The Application Notes can be found on the K32W061/41 page (Documentation section).

For the issue, could you please confirm that the path of the .bat corresponds to the installation path of the Production Flash Programmer?

Ricardo_Zamora_1-1672779800837.png

And yes, these Application Notes corresponds to ZigBee. For Matter, we have this Guide: Getting started with K32W0x1 in Matter.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

saramonteiro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ah ok, my focus was on evaluating Matter, but since I am already testing it, let`s continue.

Huuuuum, I got your point, but since I had installed the DK6Programmer and added it to my PATH variable, I decided to do this change:

DK6Programmer.exe -Y -V 0 -P 921600 -s COM%ComPort% -e FLASH -p FLASH=DimmableLight_NtagIcode_GpCombo_Ota_OM15081_V1.bin 

The good news: 
The path problem is over.

The bad news:
It has another problem regarding reading the COM.
saramonteiro_0-1672821211560.png

Additional information:

• I have already checked my COM number at Device Manager
  • I have already hold ISP button while pressing and releasing RESET button.
0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please try with the FTDI USB connector?

Ricardo_Zamora_1-1672868841318.png

Also, could you please confirm if you have the necessary drivers? http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip

If the issue is still happening, could you try to open the connection directly with the DK6-Production-Flash-Programmer?

DK6Programmer.exe -s COMxx

For more information about the usage of the DK6-Production-Flash-Programmer, you can refer to User Guide. (Path: SDK\docs\DK6-UG-3127-Production-Flash-Programmer.pdf).

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos