cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use push button of FRDM-KW36 to connect with peripheral device

sihanchen
Contributor III

Hello ~ 

I am working on FRDM-KW36 development board and use (frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_w_uart_freerots) SDK to build code by MCUXpresso IDE. 

I have prepared a BLE peripheral device and I would like to use the push button of FRDM-KW36 to connect with the peripheral device, but I don't know how to use push button to select the specific peripheral device, Do I need to modify NXP's SDK for to use auto connection of BLE. Can anyone tell me if you know. 

Thanks. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies

sihanchen
Contributor III

Update the question ... 

The FRDM-KW36 default is central role and will scanning and connect with peripheral device automatically when you push scanning button, You will need to use print message to know the status of connection, so I thinks this question can be close. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sihan,

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

sihanchen
Contributor III

Hi All, 

The Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Application User Guide.pdf only shows how to use the FRDM-KW36 as peripheral device to connect with the NXP's Iot-Toolbox APP (Wireless-UART). I would like to know how to use the FRDM-KW36 as central device and connect with a peripheral device, Does the NXP's Iot-toolsbox APP can configure as a peripheral device and then do the Wireless-UART test ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos