How do I get a charge completion indicator?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a charge completion indicator?

Jump to solution
rla00220
Contributor III

hi.. :->

i use wct1013a.

I succeeded in getting the wct status.

However, only RX_NONE and RX_PREPARE_CHARGE are in the state.

I want to get RX_CHARGED status.

When the battery is fully charged, the green light on the phone is on,

but wct is still in RX_PREPARE_CHARGE.

If you know this situation, help me.

thanks.!

1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Correct, this is something that the receiver (phone) needs to do, Receiver needs to send the End Power Transfer Code 0x01, from the Tx side (WCT1013A), you need to be able to listen to this digital ping, and only then stops the power transfer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

According to the Qi specification, the Test Power Receiver should transmit an End Power Transfer Packet with payload 0x01 (Charge Complete) in response to a Digital Ping.

So, in order to be able to get eth RX_CHARGED status, you first need to make sure that the receiver is sending this End Power Transfer Packet 0x01 (Charge Complete) so the WCT1013A can detect it during the digital ping

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
rla00220
Contributor III

Does it mean that the device must receive 0x01 data to complete the charge?

How can you identify it?

I am using a Samsung phone.

Is there a specification for the phone?

I'm using the wct library, but I can not see inside the code.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Correct, RX  need to send an Error Packet Timeout (EPT) with CHARGED code as you can see in the WCT1011A/WCT1013A Transmitter Library: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/WCT101XALIBUG.pdf

According to the Qi Specification:

For battery-charging applications, it is recommended that the Power Receiver sends an End Power Transfer Packet containing an End Power Transfer Code 0x01 on detecting that the battery is fully charged.

NOTE If the Power Receiver remains in the power transfer phase, a situation could occur in which charging and power transfer indicators on the Mobile Device and Base Station, respectively, provide conflicting messages to the user. For example, the Mobile Device indicates that the battery is not charging but the Base Station indicates that power transfer is in progress. Note that the Power Receiver can restart power transfer after receiving a next Digital Ping from the Power Transmitter and the Power Receiver detecting that the charging level of the battery has dropped below some threshold.

0 Kudos
rla00220
Contributor III

I understood it theoretically.

Our problem is marked on the mobile phone as complete charging.

But the charger keeps charging.

Have you seen any related error issues?

Is there anything else you need to set up in the firmware?

Should I fix it as a phone problem?

2019년 4월 6일 (토) 오전 2:24, reyes <admin@community.nxp.com>님이 작성:

NXP Community

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: How do I get a charge completion indicator?

reply from Jose Alberto Reyes Morales

<https://community.nxp.com/people/reyes?et=watches.email.thread> in *Wireless

Connectivity* - View the full discussion

<https://community.nxp.com/message/1135574?commentID=1135574&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1135574>

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Correct, this is something that the receiver (phone) needs to do, Receiver needs to send the End Power Transfer Code 0x01, from the Tx side (WCT1013A), you need to be able to listen to this digital ping, and only then stops the power transfer.