cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I measure FRDM-KW36 chip's currency

Jump to solution
darkblue
Contributor I

How can I measure FRDM-KW36 chip's currency ?  I wanna know where to find the vin vout ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @darkblue 

Thanks for choosing NXP products.

For FRDM-KW36, we have FRDM-KW36 Design Files and FRDM-KW36 Freedom Development Board User's Guide.

There are several ways to power and measure current on the FRDM-KW36 board. You can refer to this part:  3.3 Power management in FRDM-KW36 Freedom Development Board User's Guide. 

for detailed power management and current measurement.

Best regards,

Christine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @darkblue 

Thanks for choosing NXP products.

For FRDM-KW36, we have FRDM-KW36 Design Files and FRDM-KW36 Freedom Development Board User's Guide.

There are several ways to power and measure current on the FRDM-KW36 board. You can refer to this part:  3.3 Power management in FRDM-KW36 Freedom Development Board User's Guide. 

for detailed power management and current measurement.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
darkblue
Contributor I

Thx for replying. I used the digit_key_car_anchor project in kw38, just remove all peripherals . And I disabled Bluetooth scanning and broadcasting, and measured the current at 0.22mA. Is this power consumption already at its lowest, or can it be further reduced?

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @darkblue 

For different power supply, it will have different results.

For KW36, we have detailed test environment setup and measurement results and in this file: Kinetis MKW36 Power Consumption Analysis.

You can reference this file for details.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos
darkblue
Contributor I

I did not see any function related to can wake-up in the document  

Still I enabled the enableSelfWakeup and kFLEXCAN_WakeUpInterruptEnable of the can, but after the device enters the low-power state, it cannot be awakened by can. I didn't get the kStatus_FLEXCAN_WakeUp status. How to fix it?

0 Kudos