Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core FRDM-KW38

Jump to solution
Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi, 

Previous I use GUI Flash Tool to download FW into chip is work find, but suddenly it couldn't work.

I have tried to find the same issue in Community, like reinstall IDE, run resurrect locked kinetis device,

it seems not work.

Adam_Ho_0-1663127787016.png

Adam_Ho_1-1663127798430.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam,

By any chance, have you previously flashed any of the BLE example projects into your device? Some of the wireless examples put the device into low power mode, in which the debug modules are kept static or powered off depending on the low power level.

When using low-power features the board may not be found on discovery as debug modules can be affected.

When trying to flash/debug your application, please try to wake up the device by pressing repeatedly SW3/LLWU or Reset button (board) while target discovery is trying to connect to the device.

If you are using a BLE example project, depending on the base project, inside app_preinclude.h you may find some macros related to low-power such as cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and cPWR_FullPowerDownMode; please disable (set to 0) these macros. After this, please try flashing/debugging the demo under this configuration.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam,

By any chance, have you previously flashed any of the BLE example projects into your device? Some of the wireless examples put the device into low power mode, in which the debug modules are kept static or powered off depending on the low power level.

When using low-power features the board may not be found on discovery as debug modules can be affected.

When trying to flash/debug your application, please try to wake up the device by pressing repeatedly SW3/LLWU or Reset button (board) while target discovery is trying to connect to the device.

If you are using a BLE example project, depending on the base project, inside app_preinclude.h you may find some macros related to low-power such as cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and cPWR_FullPowerDownMode; please disable (set to 0) these macros. After this, please try flashing/debugging the demo under this configuration.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora , 

WhenI start update FW, I fast repeat press SW3, it's work .

Thanks.

Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora , 

Yes, I update my firmware from project "frdmkw38_adv_ext_peripheral_freertos" to "temperature_sensor_freertos" and issue happen, 

I have tried your suggestion, press Reset or SW3 when target detecting, but it is still no effect.

Adam_Ho_1-1663210750814.png

Thanks for reply. 

Regards, 

Adam

0 Kudos