Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW38 Wire Ack Fault

Jump to solution
ArianRF
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a FRDM-KW38 EVB and was able to successfully build and debug a few of the examples from the SDK. However, for one reason or another, I am not able to "debug" successfully and it gives me "Wire Ack Fault" error. Here is a few snapshot. Any help/hint is much appreciated.

Regards,

Nader

ArianRF_0-1662515052651.png

ArianRF_1-1662515076119.png

ArianRF_2-1662515101581.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArianRF
Contributor IV

@EduardoZamora 

Thanks Eduardo. The pressing the reset button helped. I was able to load the "Hello World" and "GPIO flash led" successfully as two example.

Cheers,

Nader

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nader,

By any chance, have you previously flashed any of the BLE example projects into your device? Some of the wireless examples put the device into low power mode, in which the debug modules are kept static or powered off depending on the low power level.

When using low-power features, the board may not be found on discovery as debug modules can be affected.

When trying to flash/debug your application, please try to wake up the device by pressing repeatedly SW3/LLWU or Reset button (board) immediately after selecting "Debug" and while target discovery is trying to connect to the device.

If you are using a BLE example project, depending on the base project, inside app_preinclude.h you may find some macros related to low-power such as cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and cPWR_FullPowerDownMode; please disable (set to 0) these macros. After this, please try flashing/debugging the demo under this configuration.

Also, the Resurrect Kinetis device feature, part of the GUI Flash Tool, may be helpful.

Regards,
Eduardo.

ArianRF
Contributor IV

@EduardoZamora 

Thanks Eduardo. The pressing the reset button helped. I was able to load the "Hello World" and "GPIO flash led" successfully as two example.

Cheers,

Nader