cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy scan Zigbee 3.0 FRDM-KW41Z

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to execute an energy scan, and select the best zigbee channel.

Kind regards,
Bas

0 Kudos
9 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @BasWep

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide more details about your requirements? Are you looking for a way to change the channel on an already initialized network?

In the process of Network Creation, when Co-ordinator starts a network and after EPID is set, Co-ordinator selects the radio channel within the chosen RF band by performing an Energy Detection, but this event should be done by the stack. For more information on this, could you please take a look at the ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide (inside KW41Z SDK > docs > wireless > Zigbee)?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your fast response.

Yes we use that doc. but I can’t in the code the function that execute the energy scan and selected the best channel. Can you tell me were I can find it?

Kind regards,
Bas

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I apologize for the delay.

Could you please confirm if function ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest() is useful for your application? This function requests an update of network parameters related to radio communication.

Also, structure ZPS_tsAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateNotify stores Mgmt_NWK_Update_notify data - a notification which can be sent in response to a call to the function ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest(). This notification reports the results of an energy scan on the wireless network radio channels.

For more information on this, please take a look at the ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for the info!

Were are busy and testing the function: ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest()"

But we can’t find info and need the more info about following thinks:

ZPS_EVENT_NWK_ROUTE_RECORD_INDICATION

ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkEnhanceUpdateRequest

ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtUnsolicitedEnhancedUpdateNotify

zps_eZdpMgmtNwkUpdateNotifyResponse

ZPS_teAfEventType  more info/description over eventtypes

In ZPS_eAplZdpMgmtNwkUpdateRequest: "update the radio channel mask (for scans) and the 16-bit network address of the network manager (node nominated to manage radio-band operation of network) ";

How works the "network manager"? And does it work on offline nodes or nodes with a reset?

Can you help us or is it possible to contact someone directly of NXP

Kind regards,

Bas

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please help us with more details about what are you trying to achieve with these APIs? What is the purpose of their implementation in your development?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

We are testing a mesh network and we are thing that only when a new node initials starts a network discovery will be performed.

There is no documentation about the functions I asked.

Kind regards

Bas

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please confirm if any of the Zigbee example projects from the KW41Z SDK meets your requirements? These functions may not be implemented (and may not be relevant/useful) in the example projects. The available documentation can be found inside KW41Z docs folder > docs > wireless > Zigbee.

Also, you can take a look at the Zigbee Application Notes inside KW41Z SDK folder > docs > wireless > Zigbee > Application Notes.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

BasWep
Contributor I

Hello Eduardo,

Yes we have search in the docs, please provide better information or help we with contact someone from NXP.

Kind regards,

Bas

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

• ZPS_EVENT_NWK_ROUTE_RECORD_INDICATION
    Indicates when a route record is received. Each route record should contain the destination network address, a count of the number of relay nodes to reach the destination, and a list of the network addresses of the relay nodes.
  • ZPS_teAfEventType
    More information on this can be found in Zigbee 3.0 Stack User Guide, Chapter 10.1 Events, and Table 21.
  • Network Manager
    Please, refer to ZigBee Specification for more information on this.

The rest of the APIs may not be relevant/useful or are only for internal usage. I apologize for insisting, please take a look at the Zigbee examples from the SDK and the Application Notes, here you can find an implementation of the functionalities that you are looking for.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos