Does the KW30Z include the bluetooth protocol stack, similar to the KW40Z connectivity software?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the KW30Z include the bluetooth protocol stack, similar to the KW40Z connectivity software?

Jump to solution
bryanvpi
Contributor I

The KW40Z Connectivity software includes the protocol stacks for bluetooth and 802.15.4. But I can't find a connectivity software for the KW30Z. Does the KW30Z have its own protocol stack or does it use the same KW40Z Connectivity Software?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Bryan,

The bluetooth projects for the KW40Z work for the KW30Z without the need to do changes in the project. Also, the 802.15.4 projects for the KW40Z work for the KW20Z.

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Bryan,

The bluetooth projects for the KW40Z work for the KW30Z without the need to do changes in the project. Also, the 802.15.4 projects for the KW40Z work for the KW20Z.

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

0 Kudos
bryanvpi
Contributor I

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Bryan,

Just to complement the last answer I'd like to clarify that there are some differences in pinout between the KW30Z and the KW40Z so you need to make changes in your hardware design (see the image below from the KW20Z/KW30Z/KW40Z datasheet). However, as I said, the KW40Z Connectivity Software works either for the KW40Z and the KW30Z, the only one needed extra action is to change the Device in the project options.

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

0 Kudos